Smith Hall (2005)
Smith Hall opened in the fall of 2005 under the name of New Hall. In May 2015, in honor of a generous contribution by John Smith '71 and Dyan Smith, Honorary Alumna, to Cornell's the building was renamed Smith Hall.
The three-story building features six micro-floors (two per floor) accommodating eight/nine students apiece in four double-occupancy rooms or three double-occupancy rooms and one triple.
- A kitchenette (with a full-size refrigerator, sink, counter space and cupboards) in each micro-floor
- A furnished lounge space in each micro-floor
- A study room on the 2nd floor
- A full kitchen with lounge on the 3rd floor
- A laundry room on the 2nd floor
- Vending machines on the 2nd floor
- Air conditioning
- An elevator
- A personal storage room in each micro-floor
Location and mailing address
All mail should be addressed to the mailing address below rather than to the building's street address (learn more about mail and addresses).
- Mailing address: 810 Commons Circle SW
- Street address: 1100 3rd Street W
- Find Smith Hall on the campus maps
- Location of professional staff office: Pauley-Rorem 1st Floor
- Location of RA office: Smith Hall 1st Floor
- Contact information for professional staff