Materials for Students
Overview of Services
Quantitative Reasoning Consultant Jessica Johanningmeier, as well as trained Peer Consultants, can work with you on assignments involving numerical information in any discipline. Specifically, we can help you
- understand statistics in journal articles
- run analyses using statistical software
- interpret results of statistical analyses
- review algebra skills
- work through homework problems in mathematics and statistics
- study for exams in mathematics and statistics
- and more!
- Review sheets from Cliffs Notes:
- Exponent Rules
- Statistics Glossary
- Tips for Reading Journal Articles
- The Chicago Guide to Writing about Numbers (Supplementary Website): A comprehensive website with podcasts and slide shows that partners with the book of the same name, available in the QRS
Preparing for Exams
- Working in Excel
- Graphing in Excel
- Using SPSS
- ICPSR: The Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research: An archive of social science data sets
- Using ICPSR
Wolfram|Alpha is an engine for computing answers and getting knowledge.
It works by using its vast store of expert-level knowledge to compute answers to questions you ask.
Desmos is an online graphing calculator.