The Berry Career Institute coordinates multiple Career Tours to explore various industries and fields, and help students build their professional networks with alumni and potential employers.
A typical tour includes two to three site visits each day at a variety of companies as well as a networking component (usually over a meal) with Cornell alumni who live in the area.
2019-2020 Career Tours
Check back for additional details once applications are open for the following career tours (specific times and costs are subject to change):
Arts, Media & Entertainment in Minneapolis -Block Break 2, October 16-18
- Student fee: $75 for lodging, transportation, and most meals. Financial assistance is available.
- Depart: 12:00pm, Wednesday, October 16 Return: ~6:00pm, Friday, October 18
- Sites visits include: Arts Midwest, Guthrie Theater, NBC TV/KARE-11
Des Moines Healthcare Career Tour, Block Break 5: Thursday, February 6
- Estimated departure: 8:00am, Estimated return: 6:00pmTour of Methodist Medical Center
- Itinerary includes:
- Tour of Blanks Children's Hospital
- Meetings with clinicians, Patient Quality, Marketing, Innovation, Analytics/Data Science, and Process Improvement/Lean, Six Sigma
Chicago, LEADS Career Tour, Block Break 7, April 8-10 (more details to come)
- This tour has limited spots available other than students currently enrolled in the LEADS program. A small fee may apply.
- Depart: 12:00pm, Wednesday, April 8, Return: ~6:00pm, Friday, April 10