Rocky Horror Show

If you know you want to study theatre and dance but aren't sure which degree option is the best fit for you, that's not a problem. You can work with faculty, your academic advisor, and the career coaches at the Berry Career Institute to determine your terminal degree. Cornell students choose from a variety of options, including a single major, a double major, or a major with a minor. That can all be worked out once you've been on campus and spent some time exploring your options. 

Bachelor (B.A.) of Arts

If you have an interest in theatre and dance, you could earn your B.A. with one or some combination of majors and minors, including:

  • Major in theatre.
  • Minor in dance.
  • Minor in musical theatre.
  • Minor in theatre.

Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.)

Or you can earn your B.F.A. in musical theatre, a track that develops professional skills training you to be industry ready to work in theatre and the entertainment industry.

Bachelor in Special Studies (B.S.S.)

Or you could create your own individualized degree. A B.S.S. gives you the opportunity to design your own degree. Often, but not always, a B.S.S. is an interdisciplinary field of study that you develop with the advice of your academic advisor. You might decide to be a comedy major, a fine arts therapist, or something entirely unique to your career goals.