Cornell College school code for the FAFSA: 001856
We've compiled some FAFSA tips for you and created a playlist to keep you going while you fill out the FAFSA.
Our FAFSA PDF Library
FAFSA Facts and Fiction [PDF]
Job Loss and the FAFSA [PDF]
Six Items and 22 Minutes [PDF]
- You'll complete your FAFSA on the FAFSA website. You'll need to create a FSA ID if you haven't already. (Watch a video that explains more about the FSA ID.) Make sure to keep your user ID and password handy when filing your FAFSA because you will use that information as your "electronic signature".
- You will use prior, prior year tax information when filing the FAFSA. For example: use 2019 tax information for the 2021-2022 FAFSA for students entering college in Fall 2021.
- Add the Cornell College school code (001856) to your FAFSA before you submit it.
- Complete your FAFSA before March 1 to avoid any delays in your financial assistance award.
- You'll receive your Student Aid Report (SAR), which outlines your family contribution. If there are any errors, correct them on the FAFSA website.
- If you have any special circumstances not reflected in your FAFSA that you'd like us to consider, tell us about them by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 1.877.579.4049.
- Avoid the most common mistakes people make when filing their FAFSA.
- Watch a step-by-step demonstration that includes helpful tips on how to file your FAFSA.
Remember, if you haven't completed your Cornell College application for admission yet, we cannot process your financial aid.