Get Connected Activity Series
The Get Connected Series is a collection of activities designed to highlight student and staff talents and interests while also encouraging use of the spaces in our first year residence halls. Get connected on campus by attending or showcasing your talents!
- Get Cooking features tips and tricks for preparing a simple dish.
- Get Playing is a series of events focused on active and fun activities to level up your health and wellness.
- Get Showing will showcase acts by Cornell faculty, staff, student or special guest on the Marlene and Richard Williams Performance Area in the Tarr Lounge.
Host an event for the Get Connected Series:
If you would like to be the featured guest in one of the Get Connected Series events please complete the submission form.
For more information regarding the Get Connected Series or questions please contact Assistant Director of Residence Life, Olivia Lennon at email@example.com.
Get Cooking: Bon Appetit- Wednesday, September 23 at 4:00pm. Join the live cooking demonstration at the outdoor grill outside of the Thomas Commons. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm the day prior to the event.
- Get Playing: Best Shot Disc Golf. October 1, 2020 at 10:00am. Meet by the fire bowl outside on the Thomas Commons. Compete for a Prize! Bookstore giftcards awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.
Get Showing: Spooky Mask Decorating - Oct 16 at 3:30pm at the outdoor amphitheater. Decorate a black disposable mask for Halloween. Show off your creativity and crafting skills!
- Get Playing: Kickball - Oct 17 at 1:00pm at Ash Park Baseball Field
Get Cooking: Bon Appetit will have a live cooking demonstration on Tuesday, November 10 at 4:00pm. RSVP to email@example.com by 4:00pm the day prior to the event.
- Get Showing: Room Decorating Contest! Show how you transformed the residnece hall room into your on-campus home. Enter a picture of your room to the contest for a chance to win a prize! Pictures are due by the Wednesday, November 18, 2020.
Get Cooking: Meals with Mezzo! Join Tommie Mezzo '23 through Zoom in the Merner Hall kitchen to learn some comfort food recipes: mac and cheese, fried chicken and mashed potatoes! Yum! Join us on Zoom. on Dec. 16 at 7:30 p.m.
Get Showing: Virtual Open Mic Night on Dec. 9 at 7:30pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP!
- Get Playing: Pictionary! Put your drawing to the test with a fun game of Pictionary! Join the virtual event on Wed, Jan 27, at 8:00 p.m. for an hour of quick sketches and hilarious guesses. Email email@example.com to RSVP!
- Get Cooking: Meals with Mezzo! Join Tommie Mezzo '23 through Zoom in the Merner Hall kitchen to learn how to cook a delicious meal: pan-seared steak, baked potatoes, and asparagus. Join us on Zoom on Wednesday, February 3rd at 7pm! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.