A Calendar for Creating a Course Portfolio
- Annotated Bibliography:
- suggested academic databases and indexes provided by professor and the Library
- articles and monographs from databases chosen independently by student
- web sites identified if appropriate for assignment
- primary sources identified if appropriate for assignment
- all entries will be cited accurately
- Students use data from Week 1 to create an abbreviated review of the literature
- Students develop a research question
- Students develop a working thesis statement/hypothesis
- Students create a topical outline
- Students create a sentence outline with citations properly inserted
- Abstract and rough draft of paper due
- In student groups, each student presents a rough draft for peer review.
- Student group participants write a response paper to one of the presentations and that feedback is provided to the presenter.
- Final draft of paper due
- Students give an oral presentation to the entire class. Presentation includes: a revised abstract, explanation of methodology/analysis and an explanation of the conclusions.
- Final written draft may include revised copies of any/all of the above.