If you're a prospective or incoming student, applying for financial assistance at Cornell is easy—just follow these simple steps. Current Cornell students can reapply for financial assistance here. If you have questions along the way, feel free to contact us.
- Apply for admission as early as possible. We can’t award financial assistance until you have been admitted to the College.
- Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. This application will go smoother if your taxes are complete.
- Add Cornell College (school code 001856) before submitting! Failure to add our code before March 1 may delay your financial assistance award.
- Receive and review your Student Aid Report (SAR). This report includes your estimated family contribution. If there are errors, you may correct them online. If you have special circumstances not reflected in the FAFSA that you’d like us to consider, tell us about them using our special circumstance form.
Tips for making the FAFSA process easier:
- IRS Data Retrieval Process: The Department of Education would like to encourage applicants and their parents to transfer tax information directly from the IRS website into the FAFSA to ensure that accurate information is provided on the FAFSA.
- FAFSA Tips and Common Mistakes to Avoid when Filing out the FAFSA: Common errors to avoid when filling out the FAFSA and tips to help you fill out the application.
- 2017-2018 FAFSA Demo: A student's guide to completing the FAFSA video.