Student YouTube Accounts
YouTube accounts created by students using the cornellcollege.edu email account are intended to support coursework assignments and are expected to adhere to the following YouTube restrictions. By creating an account you agree not to:
- access, reproduce, download, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, alter, modify or otherwise use any part of the Service or any Content except: (a) as specifically permitted by the Service; (b) with prior written permission from YouTube and, if applicable, the respective rights holders; or (c) as permitted by applicable law;
- circumvent, disable, fraudulently engage, or otherwise interfere with the Service (or attempt to do any of these things), including security-related features or features that: (a) prevent or restrict the copying or other use of Content; or (b) limit the use of the Service or Content;
- access the Service using any automated means (such as robots, botnets or scrapers) except: (a) in the case of public search engines, in accordance with YouTube’s robots.txt file; (b) with YouTube’s prior written permission; or (c) as permitted by applicable law;
- collect or use any information that might identify a person (for example, harvesting usernames), unless permitted by that person or allowed under section 3 above;
- use the Service to distribute unsolicited promotional or commercial content or other unwanted or mass solicitations (spam);
- cause or encourage any inaccurate measurements of genuine user engagement with the Service, including by paying people or providing them with incentives to increase a video’s views, likes, or dislikes, or to increase a channel’s subscribers, or otherwise manipulate metrics;
- misuse any reporting, flagging, complaint, dispute, or appeals process, including by making groundless, vexatious, or frivolous submissions;
- run contests on or through the Service that do not comply with YouTube’s contest policies and guidelines;
- use the Service to view or listen to Content other than for personal, non-commercial use (for example, you may not publicly screen videos or stream music from the Service); or
- use the Service to: (a) sell any advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on, around, or within the Service or Content, other than those allowed in the Advertising on YouTube policies (such as compliant product placements); or (b) sell advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of any website or application that only contains Content from the Service or where Content from the Service is the primary basis for such sales (for example, selling ads on a webpage where YouTube videos are the only content of value).
In addition, students creating accounts acknowledge that if they terminate their relationship with Cornell College via completion of their course of study, or withdrawl, that the account and all its contents will be removed from YouTube.