Archaeology Student Resources
Internships, field experiences, jobs in archaeology
Professional organizations and sites about cultural resources
Field schools and projects
- American Research Center in Sofia Summer Archaeology Program: "Promoting the rich history and culture of Bulgaria and the Balkans; supporting a new generation of researchers and thinkers."
- Archaeological Techniques and Research Center in Transylvania, Romania: field projects from the iron age to Roman, osteology to funerary.
- Balkan Heritage Field School: Neolithic through Byzantine sites, Roman mosaics and Byzantine frescoes, photography and ceramics, and more.
- Center for American Archaeology, located in Kampsville, Illinois, offers summer internships and excavation experience.
- Corinth Computer Project features a 3D fly-through of Corinth, a Quicktime movie of the Roman forum, interactive stone for stone archaeological plans, digital maps, 3D models, site photographs, satellite images, interactive GIS data and literary texts.
- Prehistoric Archaeology of the Aegean, a course offered at Dartmouth by Prof. Jeremy Rutter.
- Pylos Regional Archaeology Project.
- Restoring Ancient Stabiae. Just three miles from Pompeii, Stabiae was the home of summer villas of the Roman elite. Cornell grad Summer Trentin has worked there through the University of Maryland under the direction of Dr. Lindley Vann.