Cornell College occasionally receives requests from students who want to use commercial storage pods as a means of moving their things in or out. The College can permit a limited number of storage pods to be stationed on campus. Requests will be honored in the order in which they are received. We provide the following guidelines and expectations to ensure a smooth experience.
FOR USE AT CLOSING: Storage pods for closing may be delivered no earlier than the Monday before Commencement. Units will need to be retrieved no later than Monday immediately following Commencement. NOTE: Retrieval of the units is prohibited on the Saturday and Sunday of Commencement weekend because of increased traffic for Commencement-related activities.
FOR USE AT OPENING: Storage pods for opening may be delivered no earlier than five (5) days prior to your arrival. Units will need to be retrieved no later than two (2) days after your arrival. NOTE: Retrieval of the units is prohibited on the Saturday and Sunday of returning student move-in because of increased traffic on campus.
FOR USE DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR: Students who are moving into campus housing or moving out of campus housing during the academic year can still use a storage pod if they choose. In general, students should arrange to have their storage pod delivered and retrieved such that it is not on campus for more than seven (7) days.
Storage pods must be stationed in one of three locations:
- A Lot (back part of the lot by the Richard and Norma Small Multi-Sport Center)
- D Lot (by Facility Services)
- J Lot (by New Hall)
Specific locations in those lots will be designated.
Process for requesting use of a storage pod
Students who are interested in requesting a storage pod should do the following:
- Complete the form below no later than ten days before the desired delivery date and wait for confirmation that sufficient space exists on campus before confirming any details with any service provider.
- Contact their vendor of choice (students are not limited to using a specific company and any use of their services is an agreement exclusively between the student and the company).
- Ensure that the company can provide a unit that will fit in a standard parking space.
- Arrange for delivery and pick up based on the dates above.
- Arrange for the driver to call Campus Safety (319-895-4299) upon arrival to campus to ensure that the unit gets delivered to the correct location.
Additional policies and expectations
Any storage unit located on College property that is not approved or that is on College property before or after the dates as indicated above will be relocated or removed at the renter's expense. The College is not responsible for damage, loss or theft of personal property and the College is not responsible for damage, loss or theft of the storage pod.