Course Registration Information
Registration takes place online through Self Service.
- Detailed registration instructions (download the instructions and open in a pdf reader to view all the graphics).
If you have questions during Registration, don't hesitate to ask for help;
- You can call the office at 319-895-4372
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop by the office on the first floor of Old Sem, hours are 8am-4:30pm.
2017-2018 Spring Registration (blocks 5-8) for first year students will occur November 9th-10th:
- Self-Service will be turned off for all students Monday, November 6th-Wednesday, November 8th to prepare and update the system
- Registration will open at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, November 9th for first year students
- The add/drop function will turn on for all students on at 12:00 Friday, November 10
Registration for returning students for blocks 1-8 of the 2018-19 academic year will occur as follows:
- 4 p.m. Thursday, March 22rd registration add/drops closes for all students to prepare and update the system
- 8 a.m. Monday March 26th, registration open for students with at least 21 credits
- 8 a.m. Tuesday, March 27th, registration open for students with at least 11 credits
- 8 a.m. Thursday, March 29th, registration open for students with 10.99 or fewer credits
- The Add/drop function will turn on for all students at 12:00 p.m. on Monday, April 2nd
Registration worksheet & course planning
- Registration worksheet
- BA requirements for classes of 2017 or later
- Majors/Minors checklists (for detailed major/minor requirements)
- Academic plan (for your progress on general education requirements)
- Log in, then select "Register" and "Academic Plan"
- Detailed academic plan instructions
Course changes (add/drop)
Use the paper Add/Drop form if:
- You want to add/drop a current or future course during the first three days of a term. This period begins at 4:30 p.m. on the Friday before the term.
- You have received permission from an instructor to go over the posted course capacity or to waive a prerequisite.
- You want to add a vacation block or an individually arranged course such as a tutorial or a research seminar.