A new campus living space for students, this house dubbed The Cottage was first occupied by Cornell students in the fall of 2015. It is located on the west side of campus on First Street SW, across from Ash Park. Built c. 1900, the arts and crafts style cottage has a lot of character and vintage charm.
Today The Cottage is home to Safe Space. Their mission states:In a joint effort to respond to the mental health needs of students Cornell’s chapter of the Young Democratic Socialists of America (YDSA), National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI), and [alliance] seek to establish a safe space with all hours access to mental health first aid. We seek to provide a safe space for students in need of mental health assistance by trained members who live in a space that can accommodate overnight stays of non-resident students.
- Furniture is provided in each bedroom (note that the College does not provide common area furniture)
- Limited storage (in the basement)
- A kitchen that includes a full-size refrigerator, stove and microwave oven
- Yard and front porch including a porch swing
Location and mailing address
All mail should be addressed to the mailing address below rather than to the building's street address (learn more about mail and addresses).
- Mailing address: 810 Commons Circle SW
- Street address: 1204 1st Street SW
- Find The Cottage on the campus maps