Returning Resident Assistant Reapplication Process
As a current Resident Assistant, the Office of Residence Life has a different process than that of a new applicant for you to be considered for a position.
Returning Resident Assistant Reapplication Timeline
By Friday, January 17, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. complete your application which consists of:
- Returning RA Application and resume/cover letter submission
- Attend a 20 minute interview between Monday, January 20 and Friday, January 24, 2020. After completing the above application you will receive a link to schedule.
If you have any questions, please ask your Assistant Director of Residence Life. We are free to answer any questions you have.
- You may submit a resume you have prepared for another application, such as an internship or fellowship.
- Be sure to include all activities, including those outside of the Office of Residence Life.
- Be sure to check for spelling and formatting errors, this is a job application.
Cover Letter Guidelines
- Why are you reapplying?
- What makes you a preferable candidate compared to a new RA hire?
- What memorable RA experiences have you had?
Things to keep in mind
When visiting with a member of the Berry Career Institute or the Writing Studio, please be sure to have a draft of your resume and cover letter prepared for the meeting. You must schedule a meeting in advance to get assistance with either of these offices.
Optional Resume and Cover Letter Help
We encourage you to visit the Berry Career Institute’s website for help in creating your resume or help in writing your cover letter .
Optional Interview Skills Help
We encourage you to visit the Berry Career Center’s website for help in preparing for your individual interview.
Optional Review of Financial Assistance
The resident assistant position can impact a student's financial assistance. The impact, if any, of this position depends on several factors. Students interested in the RA position are encouraged to contact the Financial Assistance staff to discuss their specific situation. It is important to note that the Financial Assistance staff can only offer projections about likely impact, if any, on the student's financial assistance but cannot provide definitive information until the student has reapplied for financial aid. As such, students interested in the RA position are encouraged to reapply for financial aid as soon as possible. Refer to the Financial Assistance website to learn about the process to reapply for financial aid .