Course Registration Information
Registration takes place online through Self Service.
- Detailed registration instructions (download the instructions and open in a pdf reader to view all the graphics).
- DO NOT log in more than 30 minutes prior to your scheduled registration time or you risk getting the account locked error message.
If you have questions during registration, don't hesitate to ask for help.
- You can call the office at 319.895.4372
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop by the office on the first floor of Old Sem, hours are 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Registration for 2020-2021 Academic Year (All students)
Registration for students who will be returning for the 2020-21 academic year will occur as follows:
- 4 p.m. Friday, March 27 Registration add/drops closes for all students to prepare and update the system
- 8 a.m. Monday, March 30 Registration open for students with at least 21 credits
- 8 a.m. Tuesday, March 31 Registration open for students with at least 11 credits
- 8 a.m. Thursday, April 02 Registration open for students with 10.99 or fewer credits
- 12 p.m. Monday, April 06 The add/drop function will turn on for all students
Registration worksheet & course planning
- Registration worksheet
- Tentative 2021-2022 course schedule
- BA General Education Requirements
- Majors/Minors checklists (for detailed major/minor requirements)
- Academic plan (for your progress on general education requirements)
- Log in, then select "Register" and "Academic Plan"
- Detailed academic plan instructions
Course changes (add/drop)
Use the paper add/drop form if:
- You want to add/drop a current or future course during the first three days of a term. This period begins at 4:30 p.m. on the Friday before the term.
- You have received permission from an instructor to go over the posted course capacity or to waive a prerequisite.
- You want to add a vacation block or an individually arranged course such as a tutorial or a research seminar.