Course Registration Information
Registration takes place online through Self Service.
- Detailed registration instructions (please download the instructions and open in a pdf reader to view all the graphics).
- Please DO NOT log in more than 30 minutes prior to your scheduled registration time or you risk getting the account locked error message.
If you have questions during registration, please don't hesitate to ask for help by doing one of the following:
- Call us at 319.895.4372
- Email email@example.com
Registration for students returning for the 2022-23 academic year will occur as follows:
- 8 a.m. Friday, March 18, 2022 Registration add/drops closes for all students to prepare and update the system
- 8 a.m. Monday, March 21, 2022 Registration open for students with at least 21 credits
- 8 a.m. Tuesday, March 22, 2022 Registration open for students with at least 11 credits
- 8 a.m. Thursday, March 24, 2022 Registration open for students with 10.99 or fewer credits
- 12 p.m. Monday, March 28, 2022 The add/drop function will turn on for all students
Registration worksheet & course planning
- Registration worksheet
- BA General Education Requirements for students who started at Cornell prior to Fall 2020, and for Transfer students from Fall 2020.
- Ingenuity BA General Education Requirements for first year students who started at Cornell in Fall 2020 and later.
- Majors/Minors checklists (for detailed major/minor requirements)
Course changes (add/drop)
Use the online add/drop form if:
- You want to add/drop a current or future course during the first three days of a term. This period begins at 4:30 p.m. on the Friday before the term.
- You have received permission from an instructor to go over the posted course capacity or to waive a prerequisite.
- You want to add a vacation block or an individually arranged course such as a tutorial or a research seminar.