Course Registration Information
Registration takes place online through Self Service.
- Detailed registration instructions (download the instructions and open in a pdf reader to view all the graphics).
If you have questions during registration, don't hesitate to ask for help.
- You can call the office at 319.895.4372
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop by the office on the first floor of Old Sem, hours are 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Registration for 2019-2020 Academic Year (All returning students)
Registration for students who will be returning for the 2019-20 academic year will occur as follows:
- 4 p.m. Friday, March 22 Registration add/drops closes for all students to prepare and update the system
- 8 a.m. Monday March 25 Registration open for students with at least 21 credits
- 8 a.m. Tuesday, March 26 Registration open for students with at least 11 credits
- 8 a.m. Thursday, March 28 Registration open for students with 10.99 or fewer credits
- 12 p.m. Monday, April 1 The add/drop function will turn on for all students
Registration worksheet & course planning
- Registration worksheet
- Tentative 2020-2021 course schedule
- BA General Education Requirements
- Majors/Minors checklists (for detailed major/minor requirements)
- Academic plan (for your progress on general education requirements)
- Log in, then select "Register" and "Academic Plan"
- Detailed academic plan instructions
Course changes (add/drop)
Use the paper add/drop form if:
- You want to add/drop a current or future course during the first three days of a term. This period begins at 4:30 p.m. on the Friday before the term.
- You have received permission from an instructor to go over the posted course capacity or to waive a prerequisite.
- You want to add a vacation block or an individually arranged course such as a tutorial or a research seminar.