Course Registration Information
Registration takes place online through Self Service.
- Detailed registration instructions (download the instructions and open in a pdf reader to view all the graphics).
If you have questions during registration, don't hesitate to ask for help.
- You can call the office at 319.895.4372
- Email email@example.com
- Stop by the office on the first floor of Old Sem, hours are 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Registration for Blocks 2-4 (First-year students)
- Registration for incoming first-year students (Blocks 2-4) will begin at 2:00 Friday, August 24th. Students should bring their laptops to the assigned classroom for their First-Year Seminar to submit their registration.
Registration for Blocks 5-8 (First-year students)
- First-year students will register for spring semester (Blocks 5-8) starting on November 1 at 8:00 a.m.
- Registration will open for all students the following Monday, November 5.
Registration for 2019-2020 Academic Year (All students)
Registration for students who will be returning for the 2019-20 academic year will occur as follows:
- 4 p.m. Friday, March 22 Registration add/drops closes for all students to prepare and update the system
- 8 a.m. Monday March 25 Registration open for students with at least 21 credits
- 8 a.m. Tuesday, March 26 Registration open for students with at least 11 credits
- 8 a.m. Thursday, March 28 Registration open for students with 10.99 or fewer credits
- 12 p.m. Monday, April 1 The add/drop function will turn on for all students
Registration worksheet & course planning
- Registration worksheet
- Tentative 2019-2020 course schedule
- BA General Education Requirements
- Majors/Minors checklists (for detailed major/minor requirements)
- Academic plan (for your progress on general education requirements)
- Log in, then select "Register" and "Academic Plan"
- Detailed academic plan instructions
Course changes (add/drop)
Use the paper add/drop form if:
- You want to add/drop a current or future course during the first three days of a term. This period begins at 4:30 p.m. on the Friday before the term.
- You have received permission from an instructor to go over the posted course capacity or to waive a prerequisite.
- You want to add a vacation block or an individually arranged course such as a tutorial or a research seminar.