Course Registration Information
Registration takes place online through Self Service.
- Detailed registration instructions (please download the instructions and open in a pdf reader to view all the graphics).
- Please DO NOT log in more than 30 minutes prior to your scheduled registration time or you risk getting the account locked error message.
If you have questions during registration, please don't hesitate to ask for help by doing one of the following:
- Call us at 319.895.4372
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop by the office on the first floor of Old Sem between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. M-F
- Incoming new students register for Blocks 2-4 2020 online in Self-Service on Thursday, July 9th, 2020
- New students register for Blocks 5-8 2021 online in Self-Service at 8:00 am on Thursday, November 12th, 2020
Registration for students who will be returning for the 2021-22 academic year will occur as follows:
- 4 p.m. Friday, March 26, 2021 Registration add/drops closes for all students to prepare and update the system
- 8 a.m. Monday, March 29, 2021 Registration open for students with at least 21 credits
- 8 a.m. Tuesday, March 30, 2021 Registration open for students with at least 11 credits
- 8 a.m. Thursday, April 01, 2021 Registration open for students with 10.99 or fewer credits
- 12 p.m. Monday, April 05, 2021 The add/drop function will turn on for all students
Registration worksheet & course planning
- Registration worksheet
- Tentative 2021-2022 course schedule
- BA General Education Requirements for students who started at Cornell prior to Fall 2020, and for Transfer students from Fall 2020.
- Ingenuity BA General Education Requirements for first year students who started at Cornell in Fall 2020.
- Majors/Minors checklists (for detailed major/minor requirements)
Course changes (add/drop)
Use the online add/drop form if:
- You want to add/drop a current or future course during the first three days of a term. This period begins at 4:30 p.m. on the Friday before the term.
- You have received permission from an instructor to go over the posted course capacity or to waive a prerequisite.
- You want to add a vacation block or an individually arranged course such as a tutorial or a research seminar.