Course Registration Information
Registration takes place online through Self Service.
- Detailed registration instructions (download the instructions and open in a pdf reader to view all the graphics).
If you have questions during Registration, don't hesitate to ask for help;
- You can call the office at 319-895-4372
- Email email@example.com
- Stop by the office on the first floor of Old Sem, hours are 8am-4:30pm.
Registration for students who will be returning for the 2018-19 academic year will occur as follows:
- 4 p.m. Thursday, March 22nd registration add/drops closes for all students to prepare and update the system
- 8 a.m. Monday March 26th, registration open for students with at least 21 credits
- 8 a.m. Tuesday, March 27th, registration open for students with at least 11 credits
- 8 a.m. Thursday, March 29th, registration open for students with 10.99 or fewer credits
- The Add/drop function will turn on for all students at 12:00 p.m. on Monday, April 2nd
Registration worksheet & course planning
- Registration worksheet
- Tentative 2019-2020 course schedule
- BA General Education Requirements
- Majors/Minors checklists (for detailed major/minor requirements)
- Academic plan (for your progress on general education requirements)
- Log in, then select "Register" and "Academic Plan"
- Detailed academic plan instructions
Course changes (add/drop)
Use the paper Add/Drop form if:
- You want to add/drop a current or future course during the first three days of a term. This period begins at 4:30 p.m. on the Friday before the term.
- You have received permission from an instructor to go over the posted course capacity or to waive a prerequisite.
- You want to add a vacation block or an individually arranged course such as a tutorial or a research seminar.