M.P.H. Program Requirements
In order to participate in the M.P.H. cooperative program you must apply to the program by the second semester of your junior year and meet the following requirements:
- Complete 20 credit hours at Cornell by the time you apply.
- Complete the online course Fundamentals of Public Health (sophomore year).
- Have a 3.25 GPA at Cornell.
- Write a letter of application, including a statement of purpose.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Take the GRE and submit your scores.
- Submit TOEFL scores (if you are an international student).
- Maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 through your senior year at Cornell.
What to expect once you’re accepted to the M.P.H. program
Upon acceptance to the program you will work with both your Cornell academic advisor and an advisor in the College of Public Health at the University of Iowa. Once you graduate from Cornell, your academic advising will be directly with the College of Public Health only.
Tuition and fees payment
From your first year through completion of your undergraduate degree (through year four) you will receive financial assistance through Cornell College and pay tuition to Cornell. In year four you will also pay tuition to the University of Iowa for public health classes. In year five, any financial assistance and tuition payments will be made solely through the University of Iowa.
Where you will study
18 semester hours of the 21 required M.P.H. core semester hours have online course options, so you can complete online courses on campus at Cornell during your senior year. One course, the M.P.H. Practicum Experience, can be completed at any site globally in your final spring or summer of year five.
Where you will live
You will continue to live at Cornell during year four, and at the University of Iowa for year five.
If you have questions about the M.P.H. program, please contact Barbara Christie-Pope, professor of biology.