Transfer Student Information
As a part of the fall transfer student experience, we invite all transfer students, with seven or more credits transferring to Cornell College, to partake in a streamlined Transfer Orientation. Students bringing less than seven credits will participate in the full New Student Orientation schedule. You will find yourself placed in a group with other transfer students, who will be adjusting to college life at Cornell College. Throughout Transfer Orientation, you will partake in several activities which will help you to learn more about Cornell and the experiences you can anticipate having on campus. In relation to your academic success, you will:
- meet with your faculty advisor;
- meet with other faculty and learn about majors; and,
- hear from current transfer students.
In addition to these academic experiences, you will also attend sessions to help you with your success on campus related to other student services, including:
- tours of the library;
- a transfer student-only meeting with our coordinator of academic support and advising;
- ways to get involved and how to succeed in relation to career-engagement; and
- additional discussions to help with being successful on campus.
We look forward to having you arrive on campus! Please make sure to fill out the forms on your personal checklist between now and then. If you have additional questions, please contact Angie Bauman Power at firstname.lastname@example.org.