Find an off-campus research opportunity in math or computer science:
- NSF: Undergraduate Summer Internships
- NSF: Research Experience for Undergraduates
- Brainstorming and Barnstorming—Mathematics related to flight
- The PascGalois Summer Undergraduate Research Retreat
- Summer Institute in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology at Iowa State University
- Summer Research in Pure and Applied Mathematics (SUREPAM) program at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Please contact the Department of Mathematics or Computer Science if you have general questions about the nature of mathematics research or about any of these research opportunities.
- Iowa Collegiate Mathematics Competition
- Putnam Mathematical Competition
- Iowa Math Modeling Competition
- Comap ICM/MCM
LaTeX is a powerful math typesetting language that is used to produce documents, journal articles, slides and posters. In order to produce LaTeX documents you will need (free) software, such as MikTeX for MS Windows or MacTeX for Mac systems.
Tutoring and assistance
Student tutors are selected and hired by the Quantitative Reasoning Studio in consultation with the Department of Mathematics and Statistics. Tutors are available to help you in introductory math classes.
Where? Quantitative Reasoning Studio, 125 Cole Library
When? Quantitative Reasoning Consultant Jessica Johanningmeier is generally in or around the QR Studio Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. But to be sure she is there, email or call x4222 first. Appointments are also accepted.
Student tutors for introductory math classes are available in the evenings. Days and times vary from one block to the next. A schedule of hours is available at the QR Studio.
Coming soon...information on Math Club!