Take A Breath
Virtual mindfulness, meditation, yoga, energy medicine & more
Access the peace you've had all along hidden beneath tension and worry. Beyond weekly live campus offerings, here you'll find mind-body-spirit recordings with certified mindfulness, meditation, yoga instructor, sound healer, and qigong practice group leader, Rev. Dr. Catherine Quehl-Engel.
Videos include mindfulness and meditation, energy medicine like qigong, vibrational sound healing, yin yoga with TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) informed sequences, and other ways of rebalancing energy centers and pathways of the body. Remember, you can approach breath, energy, and awareness in either prayerful sacred or secular ways depending on your wiring.
A FRESH MIND-BODY-SPIRIT SERIES FOR INNER AND OUTER PEACE
- Mindfulness Series Intro - Yin Meditation for Greater Ease (13:56)
- Lower Belly Breathing with opening Emptiness Stance (12:21)
- Breath Meditation with nourishing mind-body-spirit opening (14:45)
Mindful Session 2:
- Wuwei—Effortless Effort Like Water (moving & seated practice) (14:45)
- Body Scan (15:22)
- Grounded Like Trees - Moving (Qigong) & Seated Meditation (14:58)
Mindful Session 3:
- Draw the Bow, Release, & Label Thoughts as They Flow By (12:44)
- Increase Equanimity - A Yoga then Seated Meditation Practice (19:41)
Mindful Session 4:
- Moon Breathing & Lower Dantian Meditation (14:55)
- Yin Flow & Primordial Sound (Nada Yoga) Meditation (14:46)
- Vibrational Sound Healing Chakra Meditation - To hear & feel, use earbuds (26:30). This is a reclined, deep relaxation energy treatment. Follow instructions after clicking on link.
- Visualization for Relaxation & Healing Peace (12:26)
Mindful Session 5:
- Radiant Heart & The Energy of Love Meditation (15:14)
- Compassion & Energy of Love Meditation (19:08)
- Eight Brocades, Cosmic Being, & Bone Marrow Cleansing Meditation (17:54)
Mindful Session 6: [more on the way]
YIN YOGA is a slow, meditative, relaxed approach to compliment more active yoga, running, and mindfulness training. It penetrates fascia in hard to reach areas around joints. We hold postures for 2-5 minutes with mild to moderate sensation in targeted areas. Rev. CQE integrates a TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) energy approach to these yin yoga recordings working with 5 Element theory, meridians (energy pathways) and acupressure points to help release stress, fear, frustration, and grief while helping increase ease and healing peace.
- Yin Yoga to release stress, anger or anxiety (30 min.)
Yin Yoga to aid relaxation and ease (WOOD element).
Yin Yoga for Equanimity (EARTH element).
- Yin Yoga for Greater Effortless Effort (WATER element).
- Yin Yoga for living amid change, loss, and impermanence (METAL element).
TAKE A BREATH:
Less polished practice videos filmed Spring 2020 as Rev. CQE and other educators scrambled to create care responses amid the initial phase of the pandemic impacting our campuses. Still, these videos contain goodness offering ways to ground, relax, and navigate amid these complicated times.
Watch Take A Breath (above) first. Meditation: Calming and healing peace meditations for others, Earth, and self. See also: Qigong and centering prayer.
Progressive Muscle Relaxation for Calming and Focus | Difficult Thoughts and Mindfulness | A Quiet Mindful Stress Relief Moment | Healing Compassion Meditation for Others, Self, and World | Energy of Love: Compassion Meditation from Inside Palisades Cafe | Transfiguring Our Awareness | Ways to Approach Breath Meditation | Breath Meditation with Singing Bowl & Woodlands Sounds | Woodland Sounds with Singing Bowl | Simple Transfiguration Practice #2 | Being Light: Transfiguration Practice #3 | Intro to Radiant Heart Healing Meditation | Radiant Heart Meditation | Release Into Vastness and Ease
Watch Take a Breath Yoga Class #1 (above) first. Yoga: Gentle breath & energy centered sequences to help you calm and find your center.
Deep Peace Yoga with Healing Meditation Class #2 (50 minutes) | Light and Bright: Energy Centered Yoga #3 (30 minutes) | Center & Surrender: Yoga Healing Meditation with Chakra Balancing
Watch Invitation to Centering Prayer (above) first. Centering prayer: The age-old practice of quietly communing w/ Indwelling Presence as found in Christian and other traditions.
Preparing for Centering Prayer | Centering Prayer
Watch Intro to Breathing of the Universe (above) first. Qigong: Gentle moving meditations which open & balance energy channels of the body. Also strengthen physical, spiritual & mental energy.
Breathing of the Universe: Woodland Sounds | Moving Yin & Yang Energy Qigong practice | Crane: Simple Tai Chi Flow | Flaming Hot! Cheese Fondue Moving Meditation | Intro to Heaven Touching Earth | Heaven Touching Earth with Woodland Sounds | Lower Belly or Lower Dantian | Open Energy Pathways: Spring Forest Qigong (Contentment) | Open Energy Pathways for Well-being and Inner Peace
Watch Mind Clear and Energy Refreshed (above) first. Other energy medicine: Working with acupressure points, energy pathways, and centers of the body. Benefits similar to Qigong.
Acupressure to Help Ground You | Immune System Boost Acupressure | Calming Finger Hold Protocol #1 | Calming Finger Hold Protocol #2