On & Off Campus Worship
On campus worship and other spiritual gatherings
- Being Peace, 1st Monday of each Block, 11:15 a.m. to 11:40 a.m. in Allee Chapel: Spiritually diverse peace prayers, blessings, and loving kindness meditation for the healing wholeness of others, self, and world. Re-dedication to life's goodness, hope, joy, love, and peace. Welcoming all with open hearts and minds. Spiritual Life meeting follows.
- Soul Friends, 2nd Wednesday of Block, 11:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. in Allee Chapel: An ecumenical Christian gathering for spiritual renewal, prayer, & peace within the tenderness of God. Brief optional Communion included. Inclusive love, no exceptions.
- Shabbat and other Jewish observances with Hillel: Shabbat meal and prayers on the 2nd Friday of each Block in Stoner House. Ongoing open meetings as well in addition to special observances such as a Rosh Hashanah celebration at the chaplain's home and Passover gathering on campus. Contact Hillel for more information.
- Bible study and other activities through organizations like Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Deep Water, and Soul Friends.
- Private prayer, meditation, Salat, and silent reflection in Allee Chapel
- Community Bible Church
- First Presbyterian Church
- Linn Grove Presbyterian
- Lisbon United Methodist
- Mount Vernon United Methodist Church
- Seeds of Faith Lutheran Church, ELCA
- St. John the Baptist Catholic Church
Beyond Mt. Vernon
African Methodist Episcopal
Assembly of God
- Immaculate Conception Mass (Spanish mass available)
Latter Day Saints
United Church of Christ
- Faith United Church of Christ Iowa City
- First Congregational United Church of Christ
- Hope United Church of Christ