At Cornell College, we select students for every incoming class based on the merits of each individual application. While we look for academic ability and preparedness, we also look for personal character and meaningful community involvement. We choose students who we believe would create a dynamic and diverse incoming class.
Information for you and your family
If your primary language is Chinese, Japanese, Spanish or Portuguese, we have provided some additional information to help you and your family learn more about Cornell.
See our viewbook
Download our viewbook for an overview of the exceptional opportunities and beautiful scenery at Cornell.
We offer two ways to apply online:
The $30 application fee is waived when you apply online. If you prefer to apply by paper form, please contact the Admission Office.
Additional application materials
In order to process your application, we will also need the following items:
- Official high school transcript including all coursework to date, provided by your guidance counselor
- Evidence of English proficiency. We prefer an ACT or SAT score, which may be listed on your transcript. If not, you'll need to request an official copy from the testing agency. Alternatively, we will accept scores from any of the tests listed in the table below, or you may complete the Level 112 course through ELS Language Centers.
- Cornell International Financial Ability Form. You may mail this form to our Admission office, email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by upload using your student portal.
The following item are optional but highly recommended:
- Secondary School Report, completed by you and your high school guidance counselor
- Teacher recommendations
- A link to a personal portfolio (like ZeeMee) that helps bring your application to life
|Exam / Course||Minimum||Recommended||School Code|
|ACT Exam||Not applicable||22||1296|
|SAT Exam||Not applicable||1030 (Critical Reading + Math)||6119|
|ELS Course||Level 112||Level 112|
|TOEFL Exam||Online: 79
|EIKEN Exam||Grade Pre-1||Grade 1|
|Exam/Course: iTEP Exam||3.8||4.9|
Application deadlines and notification
We encourage you to apply as early as possible to avoid delays in international mail delivery. Please refer to one of the following application schedules which apply to both U.S. and international students:
Please note that the Admission Office will continue to accept late applications on a space-available basis after the stated application deadlines.
International students enter Cornell College under the F-1 student program. Cornell College will issue the necessary I-20 forms to all admitted students who have provided sufficient financial documentation. More complete details will be included with the offer of admission.