Islamic Feminism Lecture
Amina Wadud, feminist Islamic scholar, spoke about the relationship between Islam and gender on April 22, 2010. See a video clip
Women's Studies Program
Women's Studies at Cornell College is an interdisciplinary program designed to introduce students to the new scholarship about the social, political, and cultural experiences of women. The program:
- offers an introductory course in Women's Studies open to all undergraduates.
- offers cross-listed courses from more than a dozen disciplines.
- has an undergraduate major and minor.
- sponsors opportunities for internships, experiential learning, leadership roles, and off-campus study.
- includes participating faculty who represent half of Cornell's departments.
- promotes research about women across the disciplines through lectures, workshops, and presentations.