The following are scholarship opportunities that we have received in our office for the 2015-2016 academic year. Some of them have provided a web site that you can go to to download an application or get additional information. If it is not available, please stop by our office for an application, or contact us and we would be happy to mail one to you. Our toll free number is 1-877-579-4049 or locally at 319-895-4216.
The Financial Assistance Office does not in any way endorse or promote any of the organizations represented on this site. We encourage you to fully research all scholarship opportunities and the specific requirements associated with each scholarship when applying for them.
2016 Iowa ACAC Access Scholarship
This $1,000 scholarship is awarded to one high school senior whose high school and chosen college are members of Iowa ACAC. Candidates must exhibit a commitment to learning and must have demonstrated involvement and leadership in their schools, the community and/or service to others. A high school counselor, administrator, teacher, or school board member may nominate a student who would benefit from this scholarship.
U.S. Army Scholarships for Pre-Health Students
Scholarships and Educational programs are available for students planning on going on to Medical School, Dental School, P.T./O.T. Optometry, Veterinary School, Pharmacist Training, Social Work, Dietician, Nursing, and Numerous Others.
Please review their flyer for more information.
The U.S. Army also offers a Health Professions Scholarship Program and a Medical and Dental School Stipend Program.
Please reivew their flyer for more information.
Reservation Counter is a leading online hotel accommodation provider in the world, offering the best travel deals in top destinations such as Orlando, New York and Las Vegas. Leisure and business travelers also enjoy the lowest hotel prices available in our featured destinations like Toronto, Paris and Hawaii. The company provides a one-stop shop source for hotel rates, facilities, room availabilities and even last minute deals. It is committed to delivering all customers a fast, simple and secure online booking experience.
Furthermore, Reservation Counter is offering a scholarship program for US students enrolled in colleges, universities and private institutions. This need-based scholarship program is designed to support and motivate students to value and make the most of their education. Reservation Counter looks to give scholarship awards to deserving students to achieve higher quality education, and are actively promoting education to encourage students to improve their knowledge and strive for excellence.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2015
The Expert Institute's Annual Healthcare and Life Sciences Scholarship
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be actively pursuing a degree related to healthcare or the life sciences.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA.
A completed application form (below) with
- Full name
- School and program
- Expected graduation year / month
- Mailing address
- Phone and email
- Current GPA
500-1,000 words on how you feel your specialized knowledge and training could be applied to improving the practice of law, submitted electronically through the form below.
One scholarship totaling $1,000 will be awarded
Application deadline is December 31, 2015
April Cockerham DREAM Act Scholarship
The April Cockerham DREAM Act scholarship is designed to support individuals who are interested in making a difference in the lives of immigrants and other non-native individuals living in the United States. By furthering the educational goals of these unique members of our nation, Ms. Cockerham looks to invest in a richer, more inclusive future for our country and those who seek to join it.
- The April Cockerham DREAM Act Scholarship is open to any student enrolled in a community college, private or public undergraduate college or university, graduate program, business school, or law school in the United States.
- All candidates who apply for this scholarship must be in good academic standing and possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Application deadline is March 1, 2016
- Scholarship value $500
- Apply online
Bella Ballroom Excellance in Performing Arts Scholarship
In order to further Bella Ballroom’s mission to provide opportunities to young, emerging artists, we are proud to sponsor an annual scholarship contest. This contest is open to current U.S. undergraduate students. The winner will receive a one-time $1,000 scholarship.
Deadline to apply: November 15, annually.
- You are currently enrolled in or have been accepted to an accredited college or university (undergraduate or post-graduate level)
- You are either a survivor of childhood cancer yourself or a loved one has been directly affected by childhood cancer
- You have a minimum 2.8 GPA.
- You must submit an official copy of your transcript, your written essay (see below) and your completed application using the form.
- We will open up the 2016 application entry period August 1st, 2015
- Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements
- Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., evidence of GPA.) Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Submissions are to be submitted through the online application process below
- Scholarship winner will be announced June 1st, 2016
- This is an evergreen scholarship and will be renewed and funded each year by GreenPal Co.
LendEDU Scholarship Fall 2015 – Deadline October 31st 2015
The LendEDU Scholarship is a $2,500 scholarship award. Our scholarship can be used to cover any and all costs related to your education. The LendEDU Scholarship can be used to cover tuition, textbooks, room and board, and even living expenses. The LendEDU Scholarship will be awarded to 2 students each fall and spring.
Who is Eligible?
The LendEDU Scholarship is available for high school seniors and current college students. Please see the eligibility criteria below:
- Must be a current high school senior or a full-time college student
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be earning a minimum 2.5 GPA in high school or college
Fall 2015 Application deadline is October 31, 2015