The following are scholarship opportunities that we have received in our office for the 2015-2016 academic year. Some of them have provided a web site that you can go to to download an application or get additional information. If it is not available, please stop by our office for an application, or contact us and we would be happy to mail one to you. Our toll free number is 1-877-579-4049 or locally at 319-895-4216.
The Financial Assistance Office does not in any way endorse or promote any of the organizations represented on this site. We encourage you to fully research all scholarship opportunities and the specific requirements associated with each scholarship when applying for them.
The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance is proud to award $4,000 to one student each semester whose life has been impacted by cancer.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to college students in their pursuit of higher education. If you’ve battled a form of cancer yourself, or witnessed a loved one receiving treatment, we want to hear your story.
- Those who have battled cancer at any point in their lives (not limited to mesothelioma).
- Those who have a parent, sibling, immediate family member or close friend that has battled or is currently fighting cancer.
- Must be enrolled full-time at an accredited two-year or four-year university, community college or junior college, or a graduate degree program.
- This scholarship is offered nationwide to United States citizens.
- Students must be in academic “Good Standing” and have a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher to be eligible.
Apply online. Application deadline is March 31st, 2015 for Fall 2015 semester
We appreciate the difficulty students face in financing their education, and we recognize the benefits a college degree can provide. That's why our need-based scholarship rewards students who are looking to better themselves, who have goals and dreams, and who are committed to achieving a college degree. US students who are 16 years of age or older are encouraged to apply for our scholarships. High school students, undergraduate students, master degree students, and adult learners are all encouraged to apply.
Deadline for Applying is April 15, 2015
iModules launched the iModules Scholarship Program in 2008 as part of its commitment to social responsibility. Cornell is a client of imodules, and Cornell students would be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
For our 2015-2016 Scholarship Program, iModules is proud to again be increasing the total amount of scholarship dollars and the total number of scholarship recipients. iModules will award 15 scholarships in the amount of $1,500 each for the 2015-2016 school year. The application deadline is April 1, 2015. Winners will be announced by May 1, 2015. Scholarship recipients are notified via email and phone, and announced on this website.
iModules believes helping deserving students to further their education is one of the greatest gifts to give back to its clients and the communities they serve.
Please visit the imodules website for additional information and to complete an application. The application deadline is April 1, 2015. Winners will be announced May 1, 2015.
Remote DBA Scholarship
Interested students may apply for the 2015 Remote DBA Scholarship. This is a new$3,500 scholarship award open to current and incoming college students pursuing studies in computer science or computer engineering.
Remote DBA is a computer software and services company that is committed to fostering interest in the study of databases and data science.
Post Office Locator Scholarship
USPostmail.org will be awarding its annual Post Office Locator Scholarship for students enrolling in the upcoming 2015 Fall Semester. Both incoming and current students who are US citizens are eligible and urged to apply.
Eligible applicants will be required to write a short, 500-1000 word essay which will be judged on how well-written, compelling, and persuasive they are. Applications are due April 15, 2015 and finalists will be notified of selection on May 30, 2015. This is an annual scholarship and the dates will remain the same year after year. More details of our scholarship, rules and application eligibility requirements can be found at www.uspostmail.org/scholarship
Leaders in Volunteerism is a professional network of volunteer managers in the Cedar Rapids area. They offer a $500 annual scholarshipi to an outstanding student who demonstrates a sincere appreciation for and involvement in community volunteerism. Scholaships guidelines and the application form can be found at this link.
Application Deadeline is March 6, 2015
Learn.org Academic Scholarships
Learn.org offers academic scholarships ranging from $500-$1,000 for students looking to pursue a degree in various areas: nursing & medical assisting, art & design, computer technology & information systems, social sciences, business, communications & journalism, information systems & technology management, psychology & counseling, and education & teaching. Selection is based on academic history, extracurricular activities, and employment history. For additional information, please visit http://learn.org/pages/
Applicatin Deadline is April 1, 2015
Come 2 Iowa Senior Scholarship
The Come 2 Iowa Senior Scholarship awards two high school seniors from surrounding states $1,000 each to attend an Iowa college and helps participants learn important financial literacy skills.
The Come 2 Iowa Senior Scholarship is open to high school seniors who are residents of Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin. To enter, students complete two Iowa Student Loan tools — Student Loan Game PlanSM and the ROCI Reality Check — to help them understand the consequences of borrowing money for college. Upon completion of both tools, students take an online financial literacy assessment test, with the top two scorers receiving the scholarship prizes.
The Come 2 Iowa Senior Scholarship is open to legal U.S. citizens who:
- Are permanent residents of one of the following states: Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin.
- Are seniors at a high school located in Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin during the 2014 – 2015 school year.
- Attend college in fall 2015 at an eligible institution located in Iowa.
- Are at least 13 years of age as of the date they begin the scholarship process.
Registration Open Now
Select "Register Now" below to register. You will receive an email containing instructions, tips and links to the tools you need to complete by midnight on March 31 to be considered for a scholarship.
Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program
Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants are pleased to be able to continue with our scholarship program for the 8th year. They will be awarding up to $1,000 to the winner(s) each year.
The Expert Institute's Annual Healthcare and Life Sciences Scholarship
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be actively pursuing a degree related to healthcare or the life sciences.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA.
A completed application form (below) with
- Full name
- School and program
- Expected graduation year / month
- Mailing address
- Phone and email
- Current GPA
500-1,000 words on how you feel your specialized knowledge and training could be applied to improving the practice of law, submitted electronically through the form below.
One scholarship totaling $1,000 will be awarded
Application deadline is December 31, 2015
Brilliance Scholarship Opportunity
We are an online jewelry retailer specializing in diamond and engagement rings. We're asking students (from any discipline) to design (sketch, draw, paint, CAD, etc.) a unique and inspirational ring design and to write a short piece about the design. The student with the most innovative piece and the best story will be awarded a $1,500 scholarship and their ring will be featured on our website.
Please visit the Brilliance site to apply online.
Application Deadline: August 1,2015
Professional Women's Network Scholarship Opportunities
In order to further promote PWN's goal of women helping women, the Professional Women's Network will award up to four (4) scholarships of approximately $500 for the academic year 2015-2016 to women students.
To qualify you must:
(1) Be a resident of Iowa, or a Professional Women's Network member, or be referred by a Professional Women's Network member;
(2) Be female;
(3) Be a student who will be attending classes, either full or part-time, during academic year 2015-2016 (special consideration will be given to non-traditional students, defined as women 21 years of age or older upon application, who have or will return to school after an absence of at least three years);
(4) Be working toward an associate or undergraduate degree or vocational certification; and
(5) Attend an area educational institution listed below: Cornell is one of the list colleges.
Application Deadline is May 31, 2015
BPW Foundation Scholarships
The Business and Professional Women of Iowa (BPW/Iowa) Foundation is now taking applications for educational scholarships for the 2015-2016 academic year. Five $1000.00 scholarships will be available to those who apply and meet the following criteria: The awards will be granted April 18, 2015.
- · Completes the formal application in its entirety by March 18, 2015.
- · Submits a copy of official transcripts from an accredited institution of higher learning. (Transcripts if stamped “Issued to Student” are acceptable.)
- · Provides three (3) letters of reference from non-family members. One each from an employer, teacher, and community leader who can attest to applicant’s character and need for this scholarship.
- · Is a resident of Iowa.
- · Is a United States citizen.
- · Wants/needs to reenter the workforce but needs additional education.
- · Graduated high school five (5) or more years ago (2010 or before) and now wants to start or resume a college education.
- · Demonstrates financial need, scholastic ability, leadership skills and career goals.
Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship for Autism
Deadline for Applications: Fall Semester- July 31st
MBLK Mock Trial Scholarship For Future Law Studentshttp://www.mblklawfirm.com/
Milligan, Beswick, Levine & Knox LLP was founded to provide clients with dependable legal counsel and help them work through family law, personal injury, criminal defense and administrative law matters. Now we are happy to be helping not only our clients but future lawyers as well, with the creation of our annual $500 Mock Trial Scholarship for one deserving incoming freshman. PLease apply on their website.