The following are scholarship opportunities that we have received in our office for the 2015-2016 academic year. Some of them have provided a web site that you can go to to download an application or get additional information. If it is not available, please stop by our office for an application, or contact us and we would be happy to mail one to you. Our toll free number is 1-877-579-4049 or locally at 319-895-4216.
The Financial Assistance Office does not in any way endorse or promote any of the organizations represented on this site. We encourage you to fully research all scholarship opportunities and the specific requirements associated with each scholarship when applying for them.
2016 Iowa ACAC Access Scholarship
This $1,000 scholarship is awarded to one high school senior whose high school and chosen college are members of Iowa ACAC. Candidates must exhibit a commitment to learning and must have demonstrated involvement and leadership in their schools, the community and/or service to others. A high school counselor, administrator, teacher, or school board member may nominate a student who would benefit from this scholarship.
U.S. Army Scholarships for Pre-Health Students
Scholarships and Educational programs are available for students planning on going on to Medical School, Dental School, P.T./O.T. Optometry, Veterinary School, Pharmacist Training, Social Work, Dietician, Nursing, and Numerous Others.
Please review their flyer for more information.
The U.S. Army also offers a Health Professions Scholarship Program and a Medical and Dental School Stipend Program.
Please reivew their flyer for more information.
The Expert Institute's Annual Healthcare and Life Sciences ScholarshipEligibility:
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be actively pursuing a degree related to healthcare or the life sciences.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA.
A completed application form (below) with
- Full name
- School and program
- Expected graduation year / month
- Mailing address
- Phone and email
- Current GPA
500-1,000 words on how you feel your specialized knowledge and training could be applied to improving the practice of law, submitted electronically through the form below.Award
One scholarship totaling $1,000 will be awardedPlease apply online.Application deadline is December 31, 2015
April Cockerham DREAM Act Scholarship
The April Cockerham DREAM Act scholarship is designed to support individuals who are interested in making a difference in the lives of immigrants and other non-native individuals living in the United States. By furthering the educational goals of these unique members of our nation, Ms. Cockerham looks to invest in a richer, more inclusive future for our country and those who seek to join it.
- The April Cockerham DREAM Act Scholarship is open to any student enrolled in a community college, private or public undergraduate college or university, graduate program, business school, or law school in the United States.
- All candidates who apply for this scholarship must be in good academic standing and possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Application deadline is March 1, 2016
- Scholarship value $500
- Apply online
The purpose of The GreenPal Small Business Scholarship is to assist a motivated, driven student and future business leader. We believe that the generation of today's students are the future employers of tomorrow. The future of our county will be forged by the entrepreneurial spirit of today's generation.If you currently run a small business while attending college or have a small business idea to start while you plan to attend college, see below for the instructions and criteria for applying for the GreenPal scholarship.
- We will open up the 2016 application entry period August 1st, 2015
- Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements
- Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., evidence of GPA.) Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Submissions are to be submitted through the online application process below
- Scholarship winner will be announced June 1st, 2016
- This is an evergreen scholarship and will be renewed and funded each year by GreenPal Co.
GEICO Achievement Award Program
For more than 25 years, we have offered the GEICO Achievement Award Program. This long-standing tradition supports some of our country's most outstanding undergraduates by providing $2,500 awards and recognizing their dedication to academic success, leadership and service.
This annual program is open to college sophomores and juniors, in the U.S., who are majoring in business, computer science, mathematics and related fields...all of which are critical to the success of companies like GEICO.In addition to an application, our selection committee also requires a resume, transcript, letter of recommendation and short essay. This information allows us to select recipients who truly exhibit the program's values.
Review the step-by-step apply guide
Eligible students can apply beginning October 1, 2015 and all application materials must be postmarked by February 15, 2016. Recipients will be announced in the spring semester.
Search for scholarships for Iowa students quickly and easily.
ICAN has compiled this list of scholarships in good faith. This is in no way a complete list of all available scholarships. The organizations listed, not ICAN, are responsible for administering the scholarships.
- All scholarships are for Iowa students unless otherwise stated.
- For more information on any scholarships, contact the organization listed.
- Most annual scholarships update application deadlines in December of each year. If a scholarship shows a deadline that is a past date, the scholarship organization has not yet updated for the new cycle. Most annual deadlines occur at the same time of year, so you can begin planning utilizing the past deadline and check back for an updated deadline once it has been set. If you still have questions for a particular scholarship, please contact the organization listed about their current opportunities.
Des Moines Women's Club Scholarships for Graduating High Scool Seniors
Applications and instructions for the scholarships may be downloaded from our website: www.desmoineswomensclub.org (click on Scholarship). Contact our executive assistant at
(515) 244-0507, ext. 211, or email email@example.com, with any questions.
Applicants must be legal residents of, or full-time, registered students in Polk, Boone, Dallas, Jasper, Madison, Marion, Story, or Warren Counties. NOTE: APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY JANUARY 22, 2016.
The Des Moines Women’s Club will award scholarships in the following categories:
Lois E. Dell Memorial Scholarship - Any Academic Field -$1000
Olive C. Riddell Memorial Scholarship - Any Academic Field $1000
Rose Lorenz Schwartz Memorial Scholarships - Performing Arts - $1500
Helen McEwan Memorial Scholarship - Elementary Education - $1500
Liselotte Gurau Memorial Scholarship - Health Sciences -$1000