The following are scholarship opportunities that we have received in our office for the 2015-2016 academic year. Some of them have provided a web site that you can go to to download an application or get additional information. If it is not available, please stop by our office for an application, or contact us and we would be happy to mail one to you. Our toll free number is 1-877-579-4049 or locally at 319-895-4216.
The Financial Assistance Office does not in any way endorse or promote any of the organizations represented on this site. We encourage you to fully research all scholarship opportunities and the specific requirements associated with each scholarship when applying for them.
Czech Heritage Foundation, Inc. Scholarship
This applicant must have Czech/Slovak ancestry. Students must have completed 28 credits and home must be within 100 miles of Cedar Rapids, IA.
U.S. Army Scholarships for Pre-Health Students
Scholarships and Educational programs are available for students planning on going on to Medical School, Dental School, P.T./O.T. Optometry, Veterinary School, Pharmacist Training, Social Work, Dietician, Nursing, and Numerous Others.
Please review their flyer for more information.
The U.S. Army also offers a Health Professions Scholarship Program and a Medical and Dental School Stipend Program.
Please reivew their flyer for more information.
The purpose of The GreenPal Small Business Scholarship is to assist a motivated, driven student and future business leader. We believe that the generation of today's students are the future employers of tomorrow. The future of our county will be forged by the entrepreneurial spirit of today's generation.If you currently run a small business while attending college or have a small business idea to start while you plan to attend college, see below for the instructions and criteria for applying for the GreenPal scholarship.
- We will open up the 2016 application entry period August 1st, 2015
- Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements
- Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., evidence of GPA.) Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Submissions are to be submitted through the online application process below
- Scholarship winner will be announced June 1st, 2016
- This is an evergreen scholarship and will be renewed and funded each year by GreenPal Co.
MyBio Source Scholarship 2016
MyBioSource is proud to announce their annual “MyBioSource Scholarship Program”. MyBioSource is all about opening up doors to thriving students allowing them to explore the endless possibilities in science. With our scholarship program, students will be able to use the award towards tuition, books, supplies, or other costs that come along with obtaining a higher education.
5 scholarships of $1000 USD each will be awarded.
• High School Seniors and Undergraduates as well as international students can apply
• Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
• Intended major in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or a related science fields
• Download the Scholarship Application
• Complete the application along with your transcript and a 250 word response on why you have chosen to enter the field of science and why you should receive the scholarship
ABC Wildlife is offering a $1,000 scholarship to female students looking to pursue a career in science. All that is needed to apply is to write an essay covering the question "Why are you passionate about science, technology, engineering, or math, and how will your pursuit of these fields help preserve biodiversity, improve the health of our planet, or alleviate human suffering". It is free to apply and students' information will not be sold or used in any way.
To apply for the scholarship, applicant must be a student currently enrolled at a college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in the United States.
- Applicants must be studying or planning to study the fields of science (excluding social sciences i.e. economics), engineering, mathematics, or technology.
- If the applicant or the applicant’s parent/legal guardian is employed by ABC Wildlife, Inc. at the time of award, the student is not eligible for the scholarship. Eligibility of finalists will be verified before winners are selected.
- Applicant must include “Women in STEM Scholarship” in the subject line of the submission email. (submission to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deadline is June 26, 2016
We’ll award $1,000 to one of our Instagram or Facebook followers in January 2017 who shares a photo and status with 200 words or less of what home means to them. To be eligible the student must include the hashtag #WhatHomeMeansToMe (not counted as part of your 200 words) and tag American Classic Homes. You do not need to submit to both platforms.
For more information related to how to apply and who is eligible, please visit their website.
Application deadline is December 1, 2016
The Come 2 Iowa Senior Scholarship is open to high school seniors who are residents of Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin. To enter, students complete two Iowa Student Loan tools — Student Loan Game PlanSM and the ROCI Reality Check — to help them understand the consequences of borrowing money for college. Upon completion of both tools, students take an online financial literacy assessment test, with the top two scorers receiving the scholarship prizes.
The Come 2 Iowa Senior Scholarship is open to legal U.S. citizens who:
- Are permanent residents of one of the following states: Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin.
- Are seniors at a high school located in Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin during the 2015 – 2016 school year.
- Attend college in fall 2016 at an eligible institution located in Iowa.
- Are at least 13 years of age as of the date they begin the scholarship process.
- Application deadline is May 13, 2016
2016 Women's Equality Coalition of Linn County Scholarship Application
The women's Equality Coalition of Linn County believes in a society that values
women and girls and empowers them with equal opportunities for participation.
to that end, a scholarship in the amount of $500 will be awarded to a student
who believes that women's equality is a priority and demonstrates that belief in his/her
actions and approach to life. Linn County residents who will be attending a two or four-
year college in the flal of 2016 are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to students
attending an Iowa college.
Print the application
Application deadline is April 22, 2016