The following are scholarship opportunities that we have received in our office for the 2015-2016 academic year. Some of them have provided a web site that you can go to to download an application or get additional information. If it is not available, please stop by our office for an application, or contact us and we would be happy to mail one to you. Our toll free number is 1-877-579-4049 or locally at 319-895-4216.
The Financial Assistance Office does not in any way endorse or promote any of the organizations represented on this site. We encourage you to fully research all scholarship opportunities and the specific requirements associated with each scholarship when applying for them.
2016 Iowa ACAC Access Scholarship
This $1,000 scholarship is awarded to one high school senior whose high school and chosen college are members of Iowa ACAC. Candidates must exhibit a commitment to learning and must have demonstrated involvement and leadership in their schools, the community and/or service to others. A high school counselor, administrator, teacher, or school board member may nominate a student who would benefit from this scholarship.
|2016 iModules Scholarship Program|
|Now in its ninth year, the iModules Scholarship Program is awarding 17 scholarships for $1,500 each for the 2016-2017 school year to students of iModules clients. Applications and essays accepted until April 1, 2016. Learn more about the application process and download materials.|
U.S. Army Scholarships for Pre-Health Students
Scholarships and Educational programs are available for students planning on going on to Medical School, Dental School, P.T./O.T. Optometry, Veterinary School, Pharmacist Training, Social Work, Dietician, Nursing, and Numerous Others.
Please review their flyer for more information.
The U.S. Army also offers a Health Professions Scholarship Program and a Medical and Dental School Stipend Program.
Please reivew their flyer for more information.
April Cockerham DREAM Act Scholarship
The April Cockerham DREAM Act scholarship is designed to support individuals who are interested in making a difference in the lives of immigrants and other non-native individuals living in the United States. By furthering the educational goals of these unique members of our nation, Ms. Cockerham looks to invest in a richer, more inclusive future for our country and those who seek to join it.
- The April Cockerham DREAM Act Scholarship is open to any student enrolled in a community college, private or public undergraduate college or university, graduate program, business school, or law school in the United States.
- All candidates who apply for this scholarship must be in good academic standing and possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Application deadline is March 1, 2016
- Scholarship value $500
- Apply online
The purpose of The GreenPal Small Business Scholarship is to assist a motivated, driven student and future business leader. We believe that the generation of today's students are the future employers of tomorrow. The future of our county will be forged by the entrepreneurial spirit of today's generation.If you currently run a small business while attending college or have a small business idea to start while you plan to attend college, see below for the instructions and criteria for applying for the GreenPal scholarship.
- We will open up the 2016 application entry period August 1st, 2015
- Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements
- Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., evidence of GPA.) Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Submissions are to be submitted through the online application process below
- Scholarship winner will be announced June 1st, 2016
- This is an evergreen scholarship and will be renewed and funded each year by GreenPal Co.
Hawkinson Foundation for Peace and Justice
For nearly 30 years, the Vincent L. Hawkinson Foundation has been awarding scholarships to your people you are taking bold action for jutice. Scholarships range from $1,000 for high school students to $4,000-5,000 for undergrad and graduate students. Appicants must be residents of (or currently attending school in) Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin. We do not consider financial need or relgious affiliation. The application deadline is March 15, 2016.
MyBioSource is proud to announce their annual “MyBioSource Scholarship Program”. MyBioSource is all about opening up doors to thriving students allowing them to explore the endless possibilities in science. With our scholarship program, students will be able to use the award towards tuition, books, supplies, or other costs that come along with obtaining a higher education.
5 scholarships of $1000 USD each will be awarded.
• High School Seniors and Undergraduates as well as international students can apply
• Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
• Intended major in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or a related science fields
• Download the Scholarship Application
• Complete the application along with your transcript and a 250 word response on why you have chosen to enter the field of science and why you should receive the scholarship
ABC Wildlife is offering a $1,000 scholarship to female students looking to pursue a career in science. All that is needed to apply is to write an essay covering the question "Why are you passionate about science, technology, engineering, or math, and how will your pursuit of these fields help preserve biodiversity, improve the health of our planet, or alleviate human suffering". It is free to apply and students' information will not be sold or used in any way.
To apply for the scholarship, applicant must be a student currently enrolled at a college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in the United States.
- Applicants must be studying or planning to study the fields of science (excluding social sciences i.e. economics), engineering, mathematics, or technology.
- If the applicant or the applicant’s parent/legal guardian is employed by ABC Wildlife, Inc. at the time of award, the student is not eligible for the scholarship. Eligibility of finalists will be verified before winners are selected.
- Applicant must include “Women in STEM Scholarship” in the subject line of the submission email. (submission to be sent to email@example.com)
- Deadline is June 26, 2016
To honor the 20th anniversary of the publication of the first edition of Loren Pope’s classic book and the 10th anniversary of the non-profit organization, Colleges That Change Lives has established a scholarship for students who enroll at a CTCL-member college or university.
The Colleges That Change Lives Scholarship will be awarded for $1,000 per year, renewable for up to four years with a maximum award of $4,000 per student. New students and transfer students, including international students, are eligible to apply for the scholarship; awards will only be given to those students who choose to attend a CTCL-member college or university. The CTCL Board will review the applications and choose the recipients. The number of scholarships awarded will be determined by the number of qualified applicants and the funds available at the time. We anticipate giving at least four awards in 2016.
1. Students must complete the application online, which includes two short essay questions by March 1.
2. Additionally, students must submit copies of admission letter(s) from CTCL-member schools by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 25, 2016
American Classic Homes $1000 Scholarship 2016
We’ll award $1,000 to one of our Instagram or Facebook followers in January 2017 who shares a photo and status with 200 words or less of what home means to them. To be eligible the student must include the hashtag #WhatHomeMeansToMe (not counted as part of your 200 words) and tag American Classic Homes. You do not need to submit to both platforms.
For more information related to how to apply and who is eligible, please visit their website.
Application deadline is December 1, 2016
The Come 2 Iowa Senior Scholarship is open to high school seniors who are residents of Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin. To enter, students complete two Iowa Student Loan tools — Student Loan Game PlanSM and the ROCI Reality Check — to help them understand the consequences of borrowing money for college. Upon completion of both tools, students take an online financial literacy assessment test, with the top two scorers receiving the scholarship prizes.
The Come 2 Iowa Senior Scholarship is open to legal U.S. citizens who:
- Are permanent residents of one of the following states: Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin.
- Are seniors at a high school located in Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin during the 2015 – 2016 school year.
- Attend college in fall 2016 at an eligible institution located in Iowa.
- Are at least 13 years of age as of the date they begin the scholarship process.
- Application deadline is May 13, 2016