Graduate School Admission TestingAdmission tests are required for most graduate and professional schools. The specific test that you must take is determined by the programs to which you apply, and this information will be included in their application materials. Below is a listing of common entrance examinations for graduate and professional school as well as recommended links for preparing to take these exams.
- GRE - Graduate Record Exam
- LSAT - Law School Admissions Test
- GMAT - Graduate Management Admission Test
- MCAT - Medical College Admission Test
- DAT- Dental Aptitude Test
- PCAT - Pharmacy College Admissions Test
- The Praxis Series (for beginning teachers)
Give yourself ample time to prepare for each test, and thoroughly review all topics on which you will be tested. Taking these tests multiple times is not desirable: tests are expensive, and score reporting may be cumulative. For those taking the GRE, all GRE scores earned within the past five years will be sent to the graduate schools to which you apply. As programs review your scores, some will look at the most recent one, while others will take into account all scores.Thus, doing well the first time around is to your advantage.
Additional test preparation information and practice tests can be found on the following sites
- The Learning Express: a service that our Library has access to where students can access over 300 practice tests (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT) and skill builders.
- The Educational Testing Service Network: Gateway to definitive information on college and graduate school tests including Advanced Placement, SAT, GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, and PRAXIS. Online registration.
- GRE Test Prep
- GRE Study Guide
- GRE Prep from Varsity Tutors
- Kaplan: Contains information about classroom, and online courses, tutoring, software and books available for test preparation.
- GRE Test Prep through Mometriz Academy - Free review videos broken out by section for the GRE test.
- Peterson's Test Prep: A service provided by Petersons.com, this site allows you download free software to help you prepare for TOFEL, GRE, MCAT, GMAT and the LSAT exams.
- The Princeton Review: This site contains information about the GRE everything from taking the test to scoring.
- Test Prep Center: This site provides you with information and test prep software for the GRE, LSAT, GMAT and MCAT.
- TOEFL OnLine: Information about the Test of English as a Foreign Language examination.