Updated June 5, 2020
Return to campus and campus visits
Cornell College has identified a phased plan to re-convene on campus which allows us to resume on-campus operations in preparation for the Fall 2020 semester. Each phase is dictated by guidance from health officials in the state of Iowa and Linn County and the level of implementation of campus safety measures.
We are currently in Phase 1, which allows for limited return of campus faculty and staff and modified campus visits for families of 4 or less. See the phased plan details.
- Fall Semester begins August 24, 2020 for all students regardless of whethere we are residing on campus or off campus.
- New Student Orientation starts August 19, 2020 for first-year students and August 21, 2020 for transferring students.
- Fall applications continue to be accepted: if you have not made your college decision or you would like to transfer to Cornell we are still accepting applications for Fall 2020 through July 30.
- Returning student move-in begins August 22 with early move-in for select groups.
Block 7 & 8 housing updates
- Move-out of campus was required by June 1, 2020. If you need assistance contact email@example.com.
- All credits and refunds have been applied for students returning for Fall 2020. If you have questions about your credit or refund, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds are continuing to be processed for graduating seniors. If you have questions about your credit or refund, contact email@example.com.
Class of 2020 celebrations
- Our virtual commencement ceremony was held on May 17, 2020: watch the livestream video recording.
- We were pretty excited about the lead up to the virtual ceremony: watch the video.
- In person commencement will be planned when conditions allow for large gatherings.
Communications with the college community
- In May we announced a series of plans to extend our academic calendar to help make Cornellians' education disruption proof. It's not our first time around the block, and we're ready to make this year the best ever for our students.
- COVID-19 communications archive.
- Transcript of our March 18 phonecast with parents and families.
If you have questions for the college related to our COVID-19 response, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org and we will follow up with you during regular business hours.