Transfer Credit and Summer Courses
Learn more about the explanation of transfer credit codes found on Cornell College transcripts.
If I want to take a course during the summer and have it count toward my degree at Cornell, what do I need to do?
Pre-Approved Transfer Courses
Cornell College students can access a list of pre-approved transfer courses on College
Consortium. These consortial courses have been pre-approved by Cornell College for
students to request registration.
- Click the link and make an account with your Cornell email address
- Verify Cornell College student email
- Register for pre-approved course(s)
- Cornell Registrar's office and host institution verify registration
Submissions are approved on a student by student basis. If you have any questions please contact the Registrar's Office at email@example.com or (319) 895-4372.
Students wishing to take courses at institutions not included in the College Consortium must:
- File a Transfer Credit petition, available online or from the Registrar's Office, and approved by the chair of the department concerned (e.g. for an art course, the chair of the Art Department).
- When you've completed the course, have an official academic transcript sent directly to the Registrar.
Not sure if your course qualifies to transfer?
Get more information from our transfer credit FAQ or stop by the Registrar's office to talk with us.