Learn more about the explanation of transfer credit codes found on Cornell College transcripts.

Cornell Summer Sessions  

  • Cornell offers two summer blocks- Block 9 2022 is May 16-June 9 and Block 10 2022 is July 25-August 17.
  • In summer 2022, these blocks will consist of online courses.  Some will be asynchronous and some will have a synchronous part with additional asynchronous components.  Check the course description for details.
  • Registration:  Registration  can be completed in Self-Service during the regular registration period for the 2022-2023 academic year (March 21 - March 24).
  • Cost: $1,400 per course and payment must be received by 1 week prior to the start of the course. Students have up until day two of the course to drop the course and receive a full refund. Students who drop the course after the second day will not receive a refund.
  • Course offerings: Course options will be available in March and will be searchable in Self-Service.  

Pre-Approved Transfer Courses

Cornell College students can access a list of pre-approved transfer courses on Acadeum College Consortium. These consortial courses have been pre-approved by Cornell College for
students to request registration.

  • Click the link and make an account with your Cornell email address
  • Verify Cornell College student email
  • Register for pre-approved course(s).
    • If you don't see a particular topic or subject area, it might be there, it just isn't pre-approved for student viewing yet. Click the "Don't see a course you're looking for? Request a Course" button at the bottom of the page.
  • Cornell Registrar's office and host institution verify registration
  • Remember, 1 Cornell credit is equal to 4 semester hours. So a 3 semester hour course will transfer in as 0.75 Cornell credits (which does meet the minimum requirement to fulfill a general education requirement or a major/minor requirement).
  • Course fees are $1200 for 3 credit hours and $1600 for 4 credit hours.
  • Upon approval to take the course, the course fee will be added to your student account. Payment of the course fee is due by the first day of the class.

Submissions are approved on a student by student basis. If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar's Office at registrar@cornellcollege.edu or (319) 895-4372.

Petition for credit for a specific course

Students wishing to take courses at institutions not included in the Acadeum-College Consortium must:

  1. Complete a petition to transfer credit.
  2. When you've completed the course, have an official academic transcript sent directly to the Registrar.

Not sure if your course qualifies to transfer?  

Get more information from our transfer credit FAQ or stop by the Registrar's Office to talk with us.