We work with the entire campus community to provide services in two primary areas:
OIRA coordinates Cornell College assessment efforts. We conduct college-wide assessment projects for internal improvement and external accountability. We assist faculty and staff in constructing and implementing departmental plans to assess student experiences and educational outcomes. In all cases, we work to create feedback loops critical to data-driven decision-making and continuous improvement.
We coordinate College efforts to collect, analyze, interpret, and report institutional data. In collaboration with data users across campus, we work to standardize and verify institutional information provided to the public. We provide information for both internal improvement (e.g., college facts, strategic dashboard indicators, enrollment management, etc.) and external reporting (government reporting agencies, data sharing consortia, educational review, etc.).
Specific Services Provided:
OIRA staff are available to provide or assist with the following services:
- Support institutional planning efforts through the purposeful collection, interpretation, and application of institutional data.
- Serve as a consultant to campus departments, committees, and individuals.
- Assist with special research projects.
- Assist in the development of clearly articulated educational outcomes.
- Assist in the identification of appropriate assessment strategies and the development of purposeful assessment plans.
- Assist with the development of studies to enhance student learning and improve institutional practices.
- Assist with identification, and use, of appropriate research methods.
- Assist in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data and the dissemination of results.
- Assist in the development of in-house survey instruments and qualitative data collection methods.
- Provide presentations on topics of interest to the campus community, including, but not limited to:
- Assessment / self-study
- Purposeful and ethical use of data
- Research design
- Dissemination of research results
- Coordinate institutional studies, including survey activity.
- Coordinate and oversee data collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting.
- Coordinate and verify institutional data provided to the public.
- Work with data users to standardize variable definitions and institutional data.
- Maintain records of institutional data.