Freight Delivery Guidelines
Incoming shipment receiving guidelines - Via common carrier/UPS/FED-X
This pertains only to shipments that are delivered to Facility Services that require forklift assistance to unload or are delivered by semi-trailer.
- Facility Services must be notified by email (kclfton & firstname.lastname@example.org) by the requisitioning department with a contact name on the same day the order is placed. A copy of the invoice including a description of the articles ordered and any special markings must accompany the notification.
- Please email Facility Services as soon as the company confirms the order with the carrier and/or seller and include;
- Seller name
- Carrier name
- Shipping date
- Approximate receiving date – please update if any change in delivery date.
- Tracking number
- Approximate weight
- Please provide seller/carrier with the contact number for Facility Services (319.895.4133) for the arrangement of final delivery. Receiving hours are 7:30 am-12:00pm & 12:30pm- 3:30 pm.
Your assistance in providing this information to us in a timely manner will help us determine the contents of the incoming shipment for verification of the receiving ticket.
- If obvious or concealed damage is discovered in the inspection, Facility Services personnel will arrange for a damage inspection report to be completed by carrier.
- If the receiving inspection reveals a reason to suspect concealed damage, the requisitioning department will be notified so that you can do an immediate inspection at Facility Services.
- After the receiving inspection Facility Services will deliver parcels to the recipients campus address within 1-2 days of receipt.
- The requisitioning department must make the final decision as the accuracy of the order.
Shipments WILL NOT be accepted unless ALL these procedures are followed.