Health and Medical Pathways
Career coaching and grad school prep
If you're interested in a career in healthcare, the Berry Career Institute's Dimensions Program for Health Professions provides coaching that sets you up for success. Hands-on and immersive courses provide both the experiences and the faculty mentorship that prepares you for the intensity of any health graduate program. And the Dimensions programs and events establish the touchpoints along your academic journey that will keep you on track to reach your end goal.
- Get advice on majors, minors, and courses.
- Find your ideal internship in healthcare or participate in faculty-student research.
- Get help preparing for admissions testing (MCAT, GRE, and other graduate exams).
- Get advice on medical school or graduate programs.
- Elicit feedback from our Health Professions Committee on your application to medical school or other healthcare related graduate school programs.
- Attend our events and participate in our experiential learning opportunities: workshops, field trips, Operation Walk, and reading group discussions.
What's your path?
What sets you apart from other medical and graduate school applicants can often be a diversity of experiences acquired in your undergraduate years. Cornell's One Course At A Time schedule positions you to dive deep into a subject, but also to explore widely across fields of study.
Where else can you spend 18 days focused on one subject followed by another 18 days broadening your connections through an internship in healthcare? This distinct approach provides you with an academic and experiential journey designed for real-world success.
And along your journey, you'll develop relationships with faculty and career coaches who will mentor you all along the way, presenting you with opportunities (workshops, internships, research, off-campus studies) and with practical advice on your applications to medical or graduate school.
Where will it lead you?
Public Health (Epidemiology, Community and Behavioral Health)
Medical Laboratory Science and Medical Technology
Social Work and Human Services