The Office of Campus Safety is located in the lower level of Ebersole Hall. You may call our staff for assistance 24 hours a day at (319) 895-4299.
- Call 911 for fire, police or medical emergencies
- Notify Campus Safety after you have made contact with 911
- Refer to our Emergency Information Guide for full instructions on emergency procedures
Campus safety overview
Our mission is to provide each member of the Cornell College community with a sense of security throughout campus by promoting a safe learning environment at all times and educating students, faculty, and staff in matters of protection and responsibility.
Cornell College has a cooperative relationship with the Mount Vernon-Lisbon Police Department (MVLPD). MVLPD provides patrol and response to incidents in Mount Vernon, Lisbon including the Cornell College Campus and surrounding areas. When a Cornell College student is involved in an off-campus offense, MVLPD may contact Campus Safety for assistance or to relate information. Mount Vernon- Lisbon Police routinely work and communicate with Campus Safety on any serious incidents occurring on-campus or in surrounding areas near campus.
Additional safety information & resources
Please refer to our Crime and Safety page for more information on the following:
- Individual responsibility for safety
- Staff / community roles in creating a safe campus
- Emergency phone locations
- Ram Alert Messaging (R.A.M.) system
- Counseling and student health services
- Emergency Notifications and Timely Warnings