Deadline & scheduling
After being admitted to Cornell and completing a Fine Arts Scholarship Application, you will need to complete an audition (actors) or interview (non-actors) by March 1.
On-campus auditions & interviews
On-campus auditions and interviews must be arranged at least two weeks in advance. Schedule a time by contacting the admission office.
If you are not able to come to campus for an audition, you may submit a video recording by email to email@example.com before midnight on Mar. 1. Or you may send your recording by regular mail, postmarked by Mar. 1 and addressed to:
Cornell College Admission Office
Fine Arts Application
600 First Street SW
Mount Vernon, IA 52314
Material needed prior to auditions & interviews
Prior to your audition or interview, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Headshot photo
- Letter of recommendation from a theatre teacher or director
- Provide a sample of your writing
- Theatre techs & designers
- If you have photos or a portfolio of your work, we would like to see them.
- Writers & directors
- If you have research or preparation materials, we would like to see them.
Acting audition guidelines
Perform two contrasting monologues, either contemporary vs. classical, or comedic vs. dramatic.
- Each monologue must not exceed 1 1/2 minutes.
- During the scheduled audition you will also have the opportunity to meet with a theatre professor and discuss the program, talk about various interests in theatre, and share any thoughts, concerns, or questions.
- There is no musical or singing portion to the audition.
Interviews for other theatre roles
Theatre techs, designers, writers, and directors will be interviewed by the theatre faculty rather than having an audition.