Wednesday, April 9th-Friday, April 11th 2014 (2 nights)
Spring 2014 Career Road Trip: Chicago
Program Fee: $25 (This includes transportation, accommodation and most meals. Note: dinner on the second night is not included.)
Wednesday, April 9
12:00pm: Depart Mt. Vernon, IA for Chicago, IL
4.30pm: Check-in at Hostelling International-Chicago
5.30pm: Attend student-alumni networking event at Poag Mahone's, downtown, Chicago
8.00pm: Free to explore the city
Thursday, April 10
9:30am: Career panel at the MacArthur Foundation, one of the world's largest and most well respected non-profit and philanthropic organizations
11.30am: Attend IT/web development industry panel and career discussion at Gorilla Group. Lunch will be provided by the Gorilla Group
2:30pm: Attend professional etiquette workshop and HR consulting industry presentation at Jacobson Group
4.30pm (approx.): Free to explore city
Friday, April 11
9.30am: Explore academic and institutional responses/strategies toward Violence in Urban Areas and Social Justice through the lenses of police psychology, military psychology, non-profit management, public policy, social exclusion, public safety, forensic psychology, mental health.
- Attendees will have the opportunity to network with academics from many of the disciplines listed above and also learn about the graduate school selection and application process from current students
1.30pm: Return to Mt. Vernon, IA (arrive by dinner)
Please note submitting an application does not guarantee a spot on the trip. If you are selected to go on the trip and accept the offer, but then fail to show up, your student account will be charged $25.
Please contact Jason Napoli with any questions.
Requirements for the Chicago Road Trip
- Applications are due by Thursday, March 27. Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee you a place on the trip.
- All participants will be required to have an updated resume (please meet with both a Career Assistant and a member of our professional staff during block 7) submitted no later than Friday, April 4th.
- All participants will be required to attend a pre-departure meeting at 11.15am, Monday, April 7th in the Career Engagement Center.
- Overnight accommodation and meals (except Thursday night dinner) will be provided for you on the trip.