The Career Engagement Center works with current students, alumni, and employer partners. For our students, Career staff are available for one-on-one advising sessions, skills workshops, resume reviews, and more. Alumni are welcome to contact us for advice on their job search or to find ways to connect with our students about their experience in the workforce. Employers are invited to post opportunities on our job board, engage in on-campus recruiting, and discuss partnerships.
Check out several of our programs and skills categories at left or click our appointment request form to schedule a time to meet with our office. The Career Engagement Center is part of a campus-wide partnership that connects students to opportunities for active citizenship and professional development.
By working with our office, Cornell students are able to:
- Explore options for a wide variety of careers and service experiences
- Develop skills useful throughout college and beyond
- Gain hands-on learning experiences that apply their liberal arts education in preparation for life after Cornell
- Create direction to achieve academic and professional aspirations
Resources to Start With
- Civic Engagement Office- connect to volunteer opportunities and learn about post-graduate service programs
- Resume Resources- learn why to write a resume, how to get started, and see samples and suggestions for enhancement
- JIVE: Jobs, Internships, Volunteer, and Events - our board where students can find opportunities and employers can post opportunities
- Going Global: Worldwide Jobs and City/Country Guides- a great place to locate even more jobs, as well as resources for finding jobs across the country and throughout the world
- TypeFocus: Personality, Interest, and Values inventory- Not sure what types of careers are a fit for you? Try this survey to gain more insight into finding careers that are a fit for your interests and preferences
Interested in recruiting Cornellians? Click here