General Guidelines for Independent Study
- All independent study projects must be for academic credit.
- The independent study project must be substantially related to economics, business, or public policy.
- Funding recipients will be asked to submit digital photos of their participation in the independent study project, as well as a summary report to the McWethy Program at the conclusion of the project, reflecting upon the experience. Funds can be used to cover travel, housing,or additional resource costs needed to support the independent study experience.
- Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Potential for success in the independent study.
- Impact on your academic experience at Cornell.
- Relevance to economics, business, or public policy.
To apply, submit the following to the McWethy Program Associate Director, Box 1482 or Suite 216D, Thomas Commons, at least 21 days prior to the start of your independent study:
- Application below.
- A copy of the approved independent study proposal form from the Registrar’s office.
- A copy of your unofficial transcript from the Self-Service page.