All personally owned devices will connect to the CornellWiFi network.
- Connect to the CornellGetConnected wireless network on your device
- Open a web browser, and you will be automatically redirected to our onboarding system web page. If you are not automatically redirected, attempt to navigate to cnn.com.
- After agreeing to the Terms & Conditions, choose the Cornell option
- Authenticate with your Cornell College username and password
- You'll be presented with a list of all active devices registered under your account. Delete any that are no longer in use.
- Select This is a new device and give the device a descriptive name
- When you click continue, you'll be shown an 8-character password, and the same value will be emailed to your Cornell College email account. Connect your device to the CornellWiFi network using this password. The password will be good for the first device that connects with it.
- Test Internet connectivity by navigating to cnn.com on your device. You may be diverted to our SafeConnect system, which is a product used to ensure that all Microsoft Windows and MacOS devices are compliant with Cornell's System Requirements.
- You can generate additional passwords for extra devices by visiting the onboarding system - for example, you can generate a password to connect an Xbox to the CornellWiFi network using your laptop
- If you need assistance, please enter an IT Help Desk ticket, and our staff will assist you as soon as possible.