Sending a Fax
The Windows Fax and Scan utility enables you to send faxes in Windows 7. You can use Windows Fax and Scan to send text entered into a fax form, documents created in other applications, and even pictures or documents scanned with a scanner attached to your network. With the Windows Fax and Scan utility, there’s no need for a standalone fax machine.
- Choose Start→All Programs→Windows Fax and Scan
- Windows 7 opens a Windows Fax and Scan window.
- Choose Tools→ Sender Information
- This will open the Sender Information window
- Enter the sender info that you wish to appear on the fax cover sheet and select OK
- Click the New Fax button on the toolbar to open the New Fax dialog box
- Select a cover page you wish to use
- Enter the fax number you wish to send the fax to
- Important: You DO NOT need to enter a 9 for an outside line or any long distance access codes in the event you are faxing long distance. Enter the number just like you would do from a home phone.
- You can also configure fax contacts so you can reuse them in the future.
- Enter the fax Subject
- Enter Cover Page Notes if you wish to add additional information such as an attention line
- Attach the document(s) you wish to send
- Select the Preview button to verify the fax is configured appropriately
- Click the Send button
- Select the Outbox folder to monitor the sending progress
- Select the Sent Items folder to verify the fax has been sent