K-12 Certification

When to complete certification

Once you’re in the Teacher Education Program and you’ve declared your major in studio art, music, or kinesiology, you may decide to complete your K-12 certification for music, art, or physical education.

You’ll complete your major course requirements in addition to completing your education coursework. For example, a music major works toward course completion in both education and in music, graduating with a bachelor of music (B.Mus.) degree and K-12 certification in music.

Not sure which educational track is right for you?

That’s OK. We can help explain your options.

Fine arts scholarships

If you have an interest in the fine arts (music, art, theatre and dance), you can apply for one of our fine arts scholarships. The steps are simple:

  1. Complete your admissions application and be admitted to Cornell College.
  2. Complete our fine arts scholarship application by March 1.
  3. Audition for a music scholarship or a theatre and dance scholarship. Or submit your art portfolio for an art scholarship.

We’d love to help you find the right financial aid package.

All you have to do is apply. (No extra paperwork needed.)

Visit a Cornell class

Sitting in on an education course can be a great way to get a feel for our program and to see One Course At A Time in action. You can attend one of our upcoming Visit Days when we have many visiting students and their parents take a tour, visit a class, and meet with us. Or you can schedule an individual visit on a day that works best for your schedule.

We can’t wait to meet you and show you around our hilltop campus.