Link to Curriculum Vitae
- Ph.D. Department of Economics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, December 1998.
- B.A. (Magna Cum Laude), Economics, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD, May 1989
Areas of Expertise
- Business Analytics
- Economics of Organizations
- Markets and Social Networks
- Business and Economic History
- Assistant Professor, Cornell College. 2004-2010
- Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Iowa, 2000-2004
- Lecturer, University of Pennsylvania, 2000
- Fulbright Scholar, Delhi School of Economics, 1998-99
- “Own, Rent, or Rent-seek: Vertical Integration in Historical Chartered Companies,” in Chartering Capitalism: Organizing Markets, States, and Publics, Political Power and Social Theory, edited by Emily Erikson, volume 29, 177-206. 2015.
- “The Colonial Transition and the Decline of the East India Company, c1746-1784,” in A New Economic History of Colonial India, edited by Tirthanker Roy, Bishnupriya Gupta, Anand Swamy, and Latika Chaudhury. Routledge Press, 2015.
Service to the Cornell Community
- Admissions Subcommittee, 2015-2017
- Administration Committee, 2015-17
- Chair, Department of Economics and Business, 2011-2014
- Diversity Committee, 2012-13
- Advisor to Omicron Delta Epsilon (International Economics Honors Society), 2007-present