As an environmental studies major, you will take full advantage of the freedom offered by the block plan to go on field trips lasting from 1 to 21 days. You’ll spend time in the field, gaining valuable skills and experience.
Local field trips
- Examine monarch populations in local fields during the fall
- Study water chemistry of Iowa streams
- Investigate flood control measures on the Mississippi
- Tour a wind turbine plant or wind farm
- Core soils and glacial deposits at a nearby preserve
Extended field courses
As an environmental studies major, you'll have opportunities to join several extended field courses.