- The research project must be substantially related to economics, business, or public policy.
- The research project must be supported by a faculty sponsor.
- Students traveling to complete a research project may be accompanied by their faculty sponsors, but this is not required.
- Funds can be used to defray the costs of travel, lodging, food, materials, and services. They cannot be used to pay stipends to either the student or faculty advisor.
- The monetary support is intended for student use, and will not be available to faculty sponsors.
- It is expected that the research project will result from or lead to academic credit.
- Research projects are typically expected to be undertaken by individual students; however, projects involving a collaborative effort by a group of students will also be considered.
- Funding recipients will be asked to submit digital photos of their participation in the research project, as well as a report to the McWethy Program at the conclusion of the research project, summarizing outcomes and itemizing expenses.
To apply, submit the following to the McWethy Program Associate Director, Suite 216D Thomas Commons at least 21 days prior to the start of your research project:
- Application below
- A copy of your unofficial transcript from the Self-Service page
- A Berry Career Institute reviewed resume