Professor of Economics & Business
600 First Street West
Mount Vernon, IA 52314
Link to Curriculum Vitae
- PhD in Economics, Purdue University, 1996
- MA in Economics, Miami University, 1992
- BA in Economics and Finance, Miami University, 1991
- Financial Systems in Emerging Markets, 2013, Routledge Publishing.
- Recessions and Depressions: Understanding Business Cycles, Second Edition, 2010, ABC-CLIO/Praeger Publishing.
- Modern Financial Macroeconomics: Panics, Crashes, and Crises, 2008, Wiley-Blackwell publishing.
- “Aggregate Spillovers Magnify the Welfare Benefits of Tax Reform.” with Kenneth J. Matheny. The Canadian Journal of Economics, November 2000, pg. 962-980.
- “The Size of Government.” Economic Inquiry, January 1999, pg. 103-119.
- “A Test of Strategic Interaction in Monetary Policy.” with Hugh C. Briggs, III. Southern Economic Journal, January,1996. pg. 585-605.
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Money and Banking
- Growth Theory and Economic Development
- Business Cycles and Depressions
- Financial Macroeconomics
Selected Academic Awards and Positions
- Richard and Norma Small Distinguished Professorship, 2011
- Director, ACM Culture and Society Program in Botswana, Africa, 2009
- McConnell Faculty Development Grant, competitive award, 2007, 2003
- McConnell Sabbatical Grant, 2011, 2004