David Joyce Professor of Economics and Business
201 College Hall
;Todd A. Knoop, David Joyce Professor of Economics and Business at Cornell College, is the author of multiple articles as well as the books Business Cycle Economics: Understanding Recessions and Depressions from Boom to Bust , Global Finance in Emerging Market Economies , Recessions and Depressions: Understanding Business Cycles , and Modern Financial Macroeconomics
Link to Curriculum Vitae
- PhD in Economics, Purdue University, 1996
- MA in Economics, Miami University, 1992
- BA in Economics and Finance, Miami University, 1991
Business Cycle Economics: Understanding Recessions and Depressions from Boom to Bust , forthcoming, ABC-CLIO.
- Financial Systems in Emerging Markets , 2013, Routledge Publishing.
- Recessions and Depressions: Understanding Business Cycles , Second Edition, 2010, ABC-CLIO/Praeger Publishing.
- Modern Financial Macroeconomics: Panics, Crashes, and Crises , 2008, Wiley-Blackwell publishing.
- “Aggregate Spillovers Magnify the Welfare Benefits of Tax Reform .” with Kenneth J. Matheny. The Canadian Journal of Economics, November 2000, pg. 962-980.
- “The Size of Government .” Economic Inquiry, January 1999, pg. 103-119.
- “A Test of Strategic Interaction in Monetary Policy .” with Hugh C. Briggs, III. Southern Economic Journal, January,1996. pg. 585-605.
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Money and Banking
- Growth Theory and Economic Development
- Business Cycles and Depressions
- Financial Macroeconomics
- Chinese Development
Selected Academic Awards and Positions
- David Joyce Professor of Economics and Business, 2014-
- Emil and Rosa Massier Award in the Social Sciences, 2014-2015
- Richard and Norma Small Distinguished Professorship, 2011
- Director, ACM Culture and Society Program in Botswana, Africa, 2009
- McConnell Faculty Development Grant, competitive award, 2007, 2003
- McConnell Sabbatical Grant, 2011, 2004