David Joyce Professor of Economics and Business
201 College Hall
Todd A. Knoop, David Joyce Professor of Economics and Business at Cornell College, is the author of multiple articles as well as the books Business Cycle Economics: Understanding Recessions and Depressions from Boom to Bust , Global Finance in Emerging Market Economies , Recessions and Depressions: Understanding Business Cycles , and Modern Financial Macroeconomics
Link to Curriculum Vitae
- PhD in Economics, Purdue University, 1996
- MA in Economics, Miami University, 1992
- BA in Economics and Finance, Miami University, 1991
Business Cycle Economics: Understanding Recessions and Depressions from Boom to Bust , forthcoming, ABC-CLIO.
- Financial Systems in Emerging Markets , 2013, Routledge Publishing.
- Recessions and Depressions: Understanding Business Cycles , Second Edition, 2010, ABC-CLIO/Praeger Publishing.
- Modern Financial Macroeconomics: Panics, Crashes, and Crises , 2008, Wiley-Blackwell publishing.
- “Aggregate Spillovers Magnify the Welfare Benefits of Tax Reform .” with Kenneth J. Matheny. The Canadian Journal of Economics, November 2000, pg. 962-980.
- “The Size of Government .” Economic Inquiry, January 1999, pg. 103-119.
- “A Test of Strategic Interaction in Monetary Policy .” with Hugh C. Briggs, III. Southern Economic Journal, January,1996. pg. 585-605.
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Money and Banking
- Growth Theory and Economic Development
- Business Cycles and Depressions
- Financial Macroeconomics
- Chinese Development
Selected Academic Awards and Positions
- David Joyce Professor of Economics and Business, 2014-
- Emil and Rosa Massier Award in the Social Sciences, 2014-2015
- Richard and Norma Small Distinguished Professorship, 2011
- Director, ACM Culture and Society Program in Botswana, Africa, 2009
- McConnell Faculty Development Grant, competitive award, 2007, 2003
- McConnell Sabbatical Grant, 2011, 2004