Teaches Astronomy, Introductory Physics, General Physics, and Lab Physics, as well as Modern Physics, and other upper-level physics courses. She has studied high-temperature superconductors, low-dimensional magnetic materials, wind energy production, and dye-sensitized solar cells. She has collaborated with physics faculty and many students during summer research on dye-sensitized organic solar cells over the last ten years. Ph.D., University of Minnesota; B.A., Carleton College.
Link to Curriculum Vitae
- PhD in Physics, University of Minnesota, 1994
- BA in Physics, Carleton College, 1987
- PHY 121: Astronomy
- PHY 141: Introductory Physics I
- PHY 142: Introductory Physics II
- PHY 161: General Physics I
- PHY 162: General Physics II
- PHY 263: Laboratory Physics
- PHY 303: Modern Physics
- PHY 315: Astrophysics
- PHY 334: Introduction to Quantum Mechanics
- Fabrication and Testing of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
- Research Associate, University of Chicago, James Franck Institute, Chicago, IL (Oct 1993-May 1996)
- Assistant Professor of Physics, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT (Aug 1996 – June 2001)
- "AC susceptibility of Sr3CuPtxIr1-xO6, a magnetic system with competing interactions and dimensionality," S.Irons, T.D. Sangrey, K.M. Beauchamp, M.D. Smith, H.-C. zur Loye, Phys. Rev. B 61, 11594 (2000).
- "Vortex Lock-In Deep in the Bose Glass," K.M. Beauchamp, T.F. Rosenbaum, U. Welp, G.W. Crabtree, and V.M. Vinokur, Phys. Rev. Lett. 75, 3942 (1995).
- "Local Probe of Vortex Pinning Energies in the Bose Glass," K.M. Beauchamp, L. Radzihovsky, E. Shung, T.F. Rosenbaum, U. Welp, G.W. Crabtree, Phys. Rev. B 52, 13025 (1995).
- "Low Temperature Action in YBa2Cu3O7-x," G.T. Seidler, T.F. Rosenbaum, K.M. Beauchamp, H.M. Jaeger, G.W. Crabtree, U. Welp, and V.M. Vinokur, Phys. Rev. Lett.74, 1442 (1995).
- "Pair-Breaking by Spin-Disorder Scattering at the Antiferromagnetic Transition of the Dy3+Sublattice of DyBa2Cu3O7-xFilms," K.M. Beauchamp, G.C. Spalding, W.H. Huber, and A.M. Goldman, Phys. Rev. Lett. 73, 2752 (1994).
- "Anomalous Magnetoresistance of Ultrathin Films of DyBa2Cu3O7-xnear the Superconductor-Insulator Transition" T. Wang, K.M. Beauchamp, A.M. Mack, N.E. Israeloff, G.C. Spalding, and A.M. Goldman, Phys.Rev. B 47, 11619 (1993).