- BA, English and Education, Goddard College
- MFA, Poetry, Vermont College
- PhD, American Literature, University of Florida
- Traveling Light, Poems, Wordtech Communications, 2011.
- Keeping the Tigers Behind Us, Poems, Elixir Press, 2007.
- Fading Proofs, Poems, Q Avenue Press, 2006.
- Over 50 individual poems in journals such as Poetry, The Cimarron Review, The Lullwater Review, Zone 3, and Talking River Review.
- Artist-in-Residence, Porcupine Mountain Wilderness, Michigan, 2013
- Iowa Arts Council Fellowship, 2011
- Artist-in-Residence, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, 2010
- Artist-in-Residence, Isle Royale National Park, MI, 2010
- Artist Residency/Fellowship, Vermont Studio Center, VT, 2010, 1998
State Arts Board Fellowship, 1998, 1994
- Loft-McKnight Award/Poetry Fellowship 1996
Sabbatical Fellowship, Cornell College, 2010-2011
- Gaarde-Morton Junior Faculty Teaching Award, Cornell College, 2008
Graduate School Teaching Award, University of Florida, 2004
Department of English Teaching Award, University of Florida, 20004
Baskin-Rawlings Graduate Fellowship, University of Florida, 2001, 2002
Recent Poetry Readings:
Prairie Lights Bookstore, Iowa City, Iowa, May, 2012
University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, CO, April 201
Innisfree Bookstore, Boulder, CO, April, 2012
Firehouse Books, Fort Collins, CO, April, 2012
Monday Night Blues, Charleston, SC, January, 2012
Bookstore 1, Sarasota, FL, January, 2012
Cornell College, Mount Vernon, IA, November 2011
Lincoln Wine Bar, Mount Vernon, IA, November 2011
Rocky Mountain National Park, Visitor’s Center, August, 2010.
Isle Royale National Park Amphitheater, July, 2010.
Central College, Pella, IA, November, 2007.
The Loft Literary Center, Minneapolis, IA, May, 2007.
- Recent Academic Talks:
“Learning to Read Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings: My Short Life in Florida,” Other Words Writing Festival, Saint Augustine, Fl, Nov. 2013.
“The Poetics of Travel,” Panel Leader, Other Words Writing Festival, Saint Augustine Fl, November, 2012.
“Looking Toward Home: The Plight of the Batwa Pygmies,” Humanities and Arts Interest Group, Cornell College, Mount Vernon, IA, May 2012.
“On the Reservation of My Mind: Lyric Transgressions in the Work of Sherman Alexie and Adrian Louis,” Midwest Modern Language Association, Saint Louis, MO, Nov. 2009.
“The Road to Ubar: Thoughts on Creative Process,” Midwest Modern Language Association, Saint Louis, MO, Nov. 2009.
“Traveling Light: On the Poem as Suitcase,” Humanities and Arts Interest Group, Cornell College, Mount Vernon, IA, Sept 2009.
Creative Writing Panel, Midwest Modern Language Association, Minneapolis, MN, Nov. 2008.
“The Poetry of Contradiction,” Associated Writing Programs, Austin, TX, March 2006.“The Lyric as Cultural Performance,” Modern Language Association, Philadelphia, PA,
“Rose Cut in Rock: Lyric Transformation in H.D. and Sylvia Plath,” South Atlantic Modern Language Association, Baltimore, MD, Nov. 2002.
- Recent Interviews:
WMRW, Waitsfield, VT, April 2011.
KRUU, Fairfield, IA, November, 2008.
KFAI, Minneapolis, MN, May 2008.
KNIA, Knoxville, IA, Nov. 2007.
WGDR, Plainfield, VT, Oct, 2007.