Link to Curriculum Vitae
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania. Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations, 2011.
- M.A., Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies, 2005.
- B.A., Brandeis University. Politics and Theatre Arts, 2002.
Service to the Profession
- Associate Editor, Mathal/Mashal: Journal of Islamic and Judaic Multidisciplinary Studies.
- HIS-261: Introduction to the Modern Middle East
- HIS-366: The Arab-Israeli Conflict, 1870-Present: Origins, Evolution and Prospects
- (2014) HIS-366: "The Victory of Surrender:" Islam from the Prophet to the Ottomans
- (2014) HIS-366: Sect and Schism in Islam
- Middle East Studies Association
- Middle East Medievalists
Recent Conferences Attended
- Middle East Studies Association, 2012
- Paper presented: "The Echoes of Fitna: Developing Historiographical Interpretations of the Battle of Siffin"
- Middle East Studies Association, 2013
- Paper to be presented: "A Memory of Just Governance: Early Islamic History and Modern Islamist Governmental Theory in Egypt and Iran"