Org - Default Tutorial
This tutorial is designed for creating a web-page using the Org - Default template.
Step 1: Create an empty page with the Org - Default template:
- Log in to the cms server : http://cms.cornellcollege.edu
- Choose "orgs.cornellcollege.edu" from the sites menu.
- Choose the appropriate root folder on the left navigation bar. In this case we'll use Basefolder/test
If you do not have a folder, contact Information Technology.
- On the Cascade Server tool bar choose:
New -> Org - Default
Step 2: Name the new page:
- To edit the page click on Content
- You will need to fill in the information in the "Inline Metadata" box and the "System Name" field
"The display name" is name that will appear on the navigation bar (see picture below) and the system name will appear in the cms navigation pane. The system name should be written lowercase and using dashes instead of spaces.
If you want to change the system name after you have already submitted the page for the first time, you will need to go to the Move/Rename tab and you will see the system name field there.
Step 3: Editing The new page:
- You can edit your page in the "body" editor (located right after the Inline Metadata box)
- The CMS uses a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, which is very similar to Microsoft Office.
- If you are familiar with HTML code, you can edit your page this way by clicking the "HTML" button at the far right of the upper row of buttons.
- In the orgs template, the top content section is for the main body content, and the bottom content section is for the purple right column of a three column layout page.
Step 4: Submit
- After you're done editing your page scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the "submit' button
- Remember: if you jump into a different page or close the cascade window, all your work that was not-submitted WILL be lost so make sure you submit your work frequently.
- To publish your page click on the "Publish" tab at the top.