You will be able to . . .
- Upload photographs to a folder on the CMS
- Create a Gallery Page to display the photographs
- Add captions on to the photographs
This is a screen shot of a Gallery Page
- Scan and edit or resize photographs to be no more than 500 pixels high and 750 pixels wide. If the photographs are larger, parts of the image will be cut off when displayed.
- If you don't know how to scan and resize photographs, click here for the tutorial.
In order to display photos on the CMS, you should create a hidden folder for photographs and a Gallery File
Creating the Folder
- Select the folder where you want your gallery page to be.
- Select New/Folder from the CMS menu and name it "Sample Pictures"
- Click the Metadata Tab and check the box next to Hide from Navigation
Adding Photographs to the Folder
- Select the Sample Pictures Folder and select New/File
- Click Browse and find one of your photographs
- Repeat this procedure to add all of your photographs into the Sample Pictures Folder
Creating the Gallery File
- Select the folder where you want the gallery page to be (probably the same folder containing the "Samples Picture" folder)
- Select New/Orgs/Org-Gallery from the CMS menu and name the page "Sample Gallery"
- There should be at least one of the following items
- Click  next to Image and find a Photograph in the Sample Pictures Folder
- Click on the + in the upper-left-hand corner to add another Gallery Picture
- Add other photographs
- Select true in the dropdown menu next to the Show Picture Information
- Write some information in the textfield next to Caption for each photo
- Go online and test your Sample Gallery Page
Testing the Sample Gallery Page