Resource Folder Tutorial
This tutorial is designed for creating a resource folder.
Step 1: Create a folder:
- Log in to the cms server : http://cms.cornellcollege.edu
- Choose the appopriate root folder on the left navigation bar.
If you want to make a new folder for the web team, then choose Base Folder/ public/webteam.
If you do not have a base folder, then go to public and make a new folder (New->Folder).
- On the Cascade Server tool bar choose:
Step 2: Name the new folder:
- To name the new folder, click in the system name box.
- Then you want to type gb- to create the resource folder.
If you want to make a resource folder for student orgs, then the system name would be gb-student-orgs.
Also, in the display name, you would type Student Orgs for this example.
Step 4: Submit
- After you're done making your new resource folder, scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the "submit" button.
- Remember: if you jump into a different page or close the cascade window, all your work that was not-submitted WILL be lost so make sure you submitted your work frequently.
- To publish your folder, click on the "Publish" tab on the top.
- Remember: A resource folder will not work within folders of folders. For example, it will work for /webteam, but not /webteam/cms-training.
Step 5: Create an Index
- Create a new standard page within the gb folder (for information on how to do so, click here).
- Make sure to set the new page's System Name as "index".
- Submit and publish the index.