Creating the Form
- Go to the folder where you want the page.
- Go to New -> Advanced Pages -> Form on the CMS menu bar.
The Inline Metadata, (Display Name, Title) and Default (Heading, Content) are all shown before the form. The Content section after Form Settings, Form Settings - Advanced Settings, and Form Item will be shown after the form.
- Email Recipient: Who the form's information will be sent to. Use a semicolon to separate email addresses.
- Email From: Who the form's information will be sent from. This should be left as firstname.lastname@example.org unless instructed otherwise.
- Email Subject: The subject of the email with the form's information.
- Show Reset Button: If checked, it will show a reset button next to the "submit" button.
- Submit Button Text: Text shown in the "submit" button.
Form Settings - Advanced Settings
- Redirect: The page the form will go to after the form is submitted. (If blank, it will show a standard email sent page)
- Database Config: If the data is to be sent to a database, Contact IT for Assistance at Extension 4357.
- Preprocessor: A process that runs before the form is submitted.
- Message Template: A page that will be added to the message on the form processor page.
- Upload Folder: The folder name where uploads should go, Contact IT for Assistance at Extension 4357.
- Require Login: Requires the User to login before submitting; can still be viewed before loggin in.
- Send Email to Submittor: Sends an email to the submittor when the form is completed. Requires a field whose field name is "email_to".
- Disable Email: Does NOT send an EmailAction.
- Action: Leave as [formmail] unless told otherwise by IT.
- [+] [-] - Adds and removes form items.
- [^] [v] - Moves the form item up or down in the form.
- Type: The type of field the item will be. (Text, Textarea, Dropdown, Checkbox, Radio, etc.)
- Name: What will be shown in the form.
- Field Name: What will be shown in the email. (If blank, will show Name)
- Size: Size of the input field.
- Max Length: Maximum number of characters user is allowed to input.
- Class: Leave blank unless instructed otherwise.
- Columns: How many columns a dropdown menu will have.
- Default Value: What will be in the Input field by default.
- Value: Options available for dropdowns, chack box, and radio.
- New Lines: Shows the options on different lines.
- Required Field: Makes the fields required.