Welcome to Cornell College’s Office of Student Affairs, the main office for the Division of Student Affairs.
The Division of Student Affairs Mission
The Division of Student Affairs works collaboratively to promote the education and development of each student as a whole person through intentional, creative, and inclusive programs and services. We challenge and support students to be life-long learners and to lead lives of integrity, purpose, and active citizenship.
Office of Student Affairs
As the main office for the division, we are staffed by the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Dean of Students, and an Administrative Assistant. The office oversees the various departments that make up the division, and directly assists students in numerous ways, including:
- providing advice and guidance for all students
- advocating for student and campus community interests
- overseeing and supporting programs, services and staff in the Division of Student Affairs
- maintaining and distributing the Compass student handbook
- investigating complaints of inappropriate behavior and administering the student judicial system
- coordinating parent programs
- coordinating leaves of absence and withdrawals from the College
- keeping students informed about critical matters
- coordinating commencement and baccalaureate events