Dows Hall (1963)
Dows Hall was named in honor of Sutherland Dows, Sr., a member of the Board of Trustees from 1932 to 1969 and its president for almost 20 years, and his wife.
Dows Hall as it is used today
Located in the "tri-hall area" of campus along with Tarr and Pfeiffer Halls, Dows is home to approximately 75 residents, most of whom are first-year students. If you were to ask a resident of Dows Hall to describe the atmosphere in the building, he or she might very well describe it as a "close-knit family." Dows residents always seem to be up for a group activity — tie-dying parties, pumpkin carving contests and ice cream sundae socials are some of the events you will find going on in Dows on weekends and block breaks.
Dows Hall was part of a major renovation of several of our residence halls completed for the 2015-2016 academic year. This renovation included updates to the sleeping rooms, bathrooms, lounge spaces, and kitchen.
- A kitchen both for general student use and that will host demonstrations by our dining services staff
- An aerobics room with a sound system to play work-out DVDs or music
- An individual study room and a group conference room
Location and mailing address
All mail should be addressed to the mailing address below rather than to the building's street address (learn more about mail and addresses).
- Mailing address: 810 Commons Circle SW
- Street address: 325 Pfeiffer Circle
- Find Dows Hall on the campus maps
- Location of professional staff office: Pfeiffer Hall 1st floor
- Location of RA office: Pfeiffer Hall lobby
- Contact information for professional staff